Anyone want to buy my `MSI - R9 FURY X` ..

Yex

Space Marshal
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Yex
Not a bad price, is it the one that whines a lot.

Chairman Meow

Grand Admiral
Jan 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Chabby
I'm still pretty green when it comes to modern desktop gpus, Im currently running a 970 since that was what was suggested to me at the time I built my computer.

This has me perplexed though

I have plans to build another computer for my partner in the near future and really have no preference for AMD or NVIDIA at the moment. I had been curious about the FURY series since all of the buzz during it's reveal on mumble but you had mentioned running into frame rate issues. Is this an issue inherent to the hardware used in them? Or simply poor driver support for Star Citizen? What sort of fps we're you seeing in other programs at the time? He does work in adobe cs5 but has been chomping at the bit to take a crack at SC. I'm not sure if shipping across the pond would make this deal worth it for me personally but was interested to know if I should steer clear and just build another NVIDIA based system for him as well.

sorry for all the questions D: but thanks for your time!

Yex

Space Marshal
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Yex
Poor driver support I believe is still a big issue with the Fury X because on paper the 980Ti and Fury X should perform very similarly.
That should all be rectified whenever AMD gets their act together if they haven't already.

I'd be very tempted to get this for the price

Elsa

Captain
Aug 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Elsa
too bad not int he states :(
I've been on the fence on getting rid of my 980 Tis due to constant driver crashes, bugs with flashing in games, bugs with apps going invisible but still there and functioning but youc ant see anything or apps go completely black but still functioning and selectable you just dont know what you are clicking on.

The grass isn't much greener on nvidia side. I already had a 980Ti die on first week as well (no OC).

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
30% slower than Geforce 980Ti.
Still, a good price/performance ratio as 980Ti is much more expensive.

Horizonz

Space Marshal
Jan 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Horizonz
Okay so basically this is the deal with the Fury X.

It runs other games fine, like Battlefield and COD and stuff like that, the benchmarks show that for itself anyway if you look it up. But the card has no driver support for Pre - Alpha / early access games. So anything that isnt released yet AMD wont bother in the slightest trying to optimise for. So yes at "Star Citizen" the in hanger frames rate is like 25. And 34fps max when in game. So it's pretty bad. And i'm very impaitent with things like this so instead of wating a year for AMD to optomise for star citizen im selling it and getting one that does. ( but because Star Citizen is pretty much the ONLY game i want to remotely play ) .
So if you play games like Battlefield its fine, youll get like 120 fps or over.

Must say though i am impressed with its cooler, but thats about it. It seems under full load on games it doesnt go above 47*c usually sticks around 43C. And the whine from the pump after observing for it, is really damn quiet, you cant hear it over the fans when on full load anyway.

But FOR star citizen dont buy this card, for Other games then its pretty good. But obviously the 980ti 3rd party cards are better.

But yeah slam me your offers guys. the card is still 500 to 550 on retail right now and im looking for about 450. and im sure driver support will get better in the future, I just cant be bothered to wait..

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
You are clearly running the game at 4k, or you are "stupidly" using the new resolution upscale feature.

I see no other way of you getting 25 FPS.

Horizonz

Space Marshal
Jan 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Horizonz
Nah it is switched off, i never use it and also its at 1080p.. im telling you, AMD has NO what so ever support on drivers for games like Star Citizen atm, its terrible. Look at the graphs aswel. R9 fury x vs 980ti on Star citizen is like a 20 frame difference.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Are you using Windows 10?
If not. Why?

If you are, then just wait for AMD to friggen fix their card.
Pure HW, it has amazing potential.

It took AMD 6 months to optimize 290x. and 295x.

But I agree.
If you want pure no fuss performance no matter what, sell the card and add something extra for Geforce 980Ti G1.

Reactions: Yex

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
Please do not manually bump your thread, especially when it is still the top thread in the sub-forum.

Horizonz

Space Marshal
Jan 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Horizonz
it wasn't first, so i made it first. Because im taking it down later once i put it on ebay.

Forgot your password?