Aopoa, Xi'an Verticality, and the Nox

Phantomoftruth

Space Marshal
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
PhantomofTruth
i'm going to start off with something positive. i like the Nox design, smooth, sleek, and "Future".

That said, with the Khartu-al and San'tok.yai following a xi'an design language that includes "verticality", the Nox is an outlier. Yes, this has been bothering me. No, it is no deal breaker, I have some 50 Nox Kue in buyback.
I'm going to go with the more obvious answer of it is faster to design something closer to what we know than what we don't, Saving time on specifically Xi'an landing animations, and Aopoa being a very human facing Xi'an company Lore-wise gives us the Nox we have.

I've attached a Xi'an design language Nox using Sculptris. It's a crap model, never used the software before.

Attachments

Reactions: Ammorn

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I really like the idea of these ships but I am still curious how well the wings/engines will hold up under fire. I have 2 Nox imo some of the best designs in the game.

Reactions: Deroth

AccidentProne8

Space Marshal
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
accidentproneeight
I really like the idea of these ships but I am still curious how well the wings/engines will hold up under fire. I have 2 Nox imo some of the best designs in the game.
I'm guessing not well, and that will be the balancing factor to their 6dof flight.

I'm down with that. I like humans having the tough asteroids ships.

Reactions: Deroth
Forgot your password?