Apollo vs Apollo

Vashpede

Captain
Donor
Dec 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Vashpede
Hey Test,

So I am set on getting the Apollo and can not wait to support my org, so I am stuck between the Medivac or the Triage.

I should wait until there is further information between the two as we do not have a lot of information on medium armor vs heavy armor and what that actually means, the speed stats as the Triage will be faster and if it will make a significant different, and if the solar panels on top of the Triage mean anything or if they are just cosmetic. I do not care about the missiles that the Triage does not have so that will not sway which one I decide on, and I like the look of the Triage better but it sounds like there will be paint/skins later on anyways.

Hopefully this may help others as well that may have similar questions. Any thoughts from the all knowledgeable Tests?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Personally, if you are determined to have an Apollo, then currently I would upgrade something to a Cutlass Red to get the starting portions of the medical game play for you to use now, then wait until we have more knowledge of what each ship will have going for them as well as how they will effect that ships individual capabilities. If CIG had chosen to use this Red themed holiday event to release the sale of all of the red colored ships for sale like they have in the past, then I'd suggest that you either do as I advised already or go with the less expensive version of the 2 while also purchasing a CCU upgrade from the lower cost to the higher in case you change your mind to upgrading later based on information that is still a ways out from us learning.

Vashpede

Captain
Donor
Dec 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Vashpede
Personally, if you are determined to have an Apollo, then currently I would upgrade something to a Cutlass Red to get the starting portions of the medical game play for you to use now, then wait until we have more knowledge of what each ship will have going for them as well as how they will effect that ships individual capabilities. If CIG had chosen to use this Red themed holiday event to release the sale of all of the red colored ships for sale like they have in the past, then I'd suggest that you either do as I advised already or go with the less expensive version of the 2 while also purchasing a CCU upgrade from the lower cost to the higher in case you change your mind to upgrading later based on information that is still a ways out from us learning.
Yeah I basically did that, I bought and own the Red currently, and the Red is the loaner for the Apollos anyways. I can CCU to the Medivac right now because it is unlocked due to the mini game, but I was going to wait until the next sale to see what deals or insurance there may be available. I will probably just get the Triage and because the Medivac seems to permanently be available to upgrade to.

I will just wait for more info I guess. I was hoping someone knew more about medium armor vs heavy armor because it affects the ships weight and what role that will actually play. Also I do not know anything about the solar panels.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
They haven't stated anything about the use of solar panels yet & little to nothing about how armor values will make a difference in regards to ships. I'm guessing that more armor = higher ship panel HP before that area is destroyed, but at a weight cost in speed & maneuverability. Personally, I don't think that the Cutlass Red or the Apollo variants should have any weapons, but if they must they should be limited to only using Distortion type weapons since those cause no physical damage. As for missiles, I think that they should have a sort of scanning missile with no explosive payload that they can shoot into a conflict zone that would detect emergency distress beacons to help the medic ships find those in need of life saving assistance.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
They haven't stated anything about the use of solar panels yet & little to nothing about how armor values will make a difference in regards to ships. I'm guessing that more armor = higher ship panel HP before that area is destroyed, but at a weight cost in speed & maneuverability.
Right... mostly.
I'll just point out that the HP system will be dump in the future in favor of the phisicalized damage system, so more armor will mean that you need a biigger weapon to punch trough it and actually do some damage to hte juicy component behind it.
Surre I'll expect too that this will came at cost of agility and speed, taht said for smaller ship I'll go for the agility route, for medium and bigger, the tankier one fell the best in my opinion...

Vashpede

Captain
Donor
Dec 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Vashpede
They haven't stated anything about the use of solar panels yet & little to nothing about how armor values will make a difference in regards to ships. I'm guessing that more armor = higher ship panel HP before that area is destroyed, but at a weight cost in speed & maneuverability. Personally, I don't think that the Cutlass Red or the Apollo variants should have any weapons, but if they must they should be limited to only using Distortion type weapons since those cause no physical damage. As for missiles, I think that they should have a sort of scanning missile with no explosive payload that they can shoot into a conflict zone that would detect emergency distress beacons to help the medic ships find those in need of life saving assistance.
Yeah if the missile racks on the Medivac work like it's mentioned in ordinance hard points ( https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16190-The-Shipyard-Ordnance-Hardpoints ) then they could possibly hold more fuel or other attachments like the stated distortion field generators then that would make the Medivac definitely worth it.

Vashpede

Captain
Donor
Dec 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Vashpede
Right... mostly.
I'll just point out that the HP system will be dump in the future in favor of the phisicalized damage system, so more armor will mean that you need a biigger weapon to punch trough it and actually do some damage to hte juicy component behind it.
Surre I'll expect too that this will came at cost of agility and speed, taht said for smaller ship I'll go for the agility route, for medium and bigger, the tankier one fell the best in my opinion...
Agreed, maybe having speed on a med ship like the Apollo would be worth it in some situations and the armor in others, so could be a trade off either way.

invalidData

Commander
Jan 18, 2020
RSI Handle
invalidData
Agreed, maybe having speed on a med ship like the Apollo would be worth it in some situations and the armor in others, so could be a trade off either way.
I think it's a choice between a little bit more fleet support or a little bit more first responder. I can't tell how big the difference between the two will be. It's maybe the difference between second line and third line support. On the pictures they both got solar panels.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Well to put it short ...

Medivac is made to handle more hostile situation where there still is fighting going on.. ( and it is not solar panels on the top it's armored roof window)

Triage is made for situations where the fighting stopped and it's more or less safe to hurl in to clean up.. ( and that is a normal glass roof )

Part from that and the different skins they are the same...

So to decide which one you want you need to decide if you're gonna be, the one that get in to the hot zone with risk of not getting out or the one that wait and pick up the pieces.

CHEERS! 🍻

Vashpede

Captain
Donor
Dec 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Vashpede
I think it's a choice between a little bit more fleet support or a little bit more first responder. I can't tell how big the difference between the two will be. It's maybe the difference between second line and third line support. On the pictures they both got solar panels.
Medivac is made to handle more hostile situation where there still is fighting going on.. ( and it is not solar panels on the top it's armored roof window)

Triage is made for situations where the fighting stopped and it's more or less safe to hurl in to clean up.. ( and that is a normal glass roof )
Well it is solar panels and it is only on the Triage, take a look.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/90du6e
It literally says "solar energy" and only on the Triage, the Medivac does not have that nor does it have the hexagonal pattern that is most definitely a solar panel.
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/90du6e/rsi_apollo_solar_panels_not_for_everybody/

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Well it is solar panels and it is only on the Triage, take a look.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/90du6e
It literally says "solar energy" and only on the Triage, the Medivac does not have that nor does it have the hexagonal pattern that is most definitely a solar panel.
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/90du6e/rsi_apollo_solar_panels_not_for_everybody/
Oh I stand corrected so right you are.. :D That's COOL !

And here is same pattern on the Medivac roof glass... but it don't say solar on that it might be that is same function for Medivac.

Well we see how it turn out once finished those are after all just concept drawings...
And come think of it I have never seen or heard CIG talk about that anywhere, it's not even in the brochure for the Apollo.
But as it always say.....

DISCLAIMER: These are our current vehicle specifications. Some of this may change during the 3D design and game balancing process.

🤔 how interesting... !

CHEERS! 🍻

Vashpede

Captain
Donor
Dec 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Vashpede
Oh I stand corrected so right you are.. :D That's COOL !

And here is same pattern on the Medivac roof glass... but it don't say solar on that it might be that is same function for Medivac.

Well we'll see how it turn out once finished those are after all just concept drawings...
And come think of it I have never seen or heard CIG talk about that anywhere, it's not even in the brochure for the Apollo.
But as it always say.....

DISCLAIMER: These are our current vehicle specifications. Some of this may change during the 3D design and game balancing process.

🤔

CHEERS! 🍻
Yeah that for sure is a window just like the Triage has, which can be seen from the interior picture looking up. To the left and right of that window, exclusively on the Triage though, is a hexagon pattern, not on the windows. So that's more so what I was referring to but yeah maybe the windows also function like that?

It could just be flair or as you said something that might not be in the game at all when the ship comes out, only time will tell.

Attachments

invalidData

Commander
Jan 18, 2020
RSI Handle
invalidData
Amazing, didn't notice that. So much details.
I thought you were refering to the 8 hexagons between the glass roof and the cockpit... Both ships have those but on the Medivac ther is no "SOLAR ENERGIE" sign.

Don't know how advanced solar energie will be in Star Citizen but I can't imagine it can replace the main power unit, maybe some energie savings?

The Triage says "NO STEP KEEP CLEAR" as soon as you go up on the roof, the Medivac doesn't say that so one could argue that it would be perfectly fine to go on top of the Medivac for a walk but you would damage the Triage if you did the same. Or it's just that they didn't write all the stuff on the other paint job...

Do you already have a tendency to one of the variants?

Vashpede

Captain
Donor
Dec 4, 2019
RSI Handle
Vashpede
Amazing, didn't notice that. So much details.
I thought you were refering to the 8 hexagons between the glass roof and the cockpit... Both ships have those but on the Medivac ther is no "SOLAR ENERGIE" sign.

Don't know how advanced solar energie will be in Star Citizen but I can't imagine it can replace the main power unit, maybe some energie savings?

The Triage says "NO STEP KEEP CLEAR" as soon as you go up on the roof, the Medivac doesn't say that so one could argue that it would be perfectly fine to go on top of the Medivac for a walk but you would damage the Triage if you did the same. Or it's just that they didn't write all the stuff on the other paint job...

Do you already have a tendency to one of the variants?
In all honesty I am leaning more toward the Triage due to higher speeds (which could end up being insignificant) and with the beautiful red paint job, the Medivac paint job and especially the piss yellow windows bother me a lot so I am hoping maybe window tint will be a thing and it sounds like we will be able to customize the paint anyways from some SCL videos I have seen.

I want to help Test in big org or vanduul battles being a medic, so that's where the heavy armor could come in handy, although if the Triage is a lot faster I could swoop in and out picking up downed allies faster too.

Hands down I will go with the Medivac if the missiles are an ordinance hard point (which I just learned about these hard points after i posted this), that way I can swap them out for fuel pods, distortion field generators, or other attachments we do not know about yet.

So basically pros/cones in a nut shell.

Medivac: +Heavy Armor, Missiles (possible ordinance hard points)
-In my humble opinion ugly skin, slower speeds

Triage: + Faster, pretty pain job, possible solar energy for unknown purposes
- Less armor (Medium armor), less defensive weapons (missile rack)

I think it just comes down to learning more to be able to make that choice so I will just get the Triage at the next sale and just CCU if the Medivac ends up being a better option. I just like to get others inputs to see if there are perspectives and information I have not seen or heard.

Thanks for the response and feedback!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
The Apollo will get its ass kicked in any real confrontation. if your plan is to go into battle with the Apollo, plan to cut and run. Faster is therefore better. Forget the missiles and guns.

If your plan is to do medivac, faster is better. Look at the Vanduul fighter speeds and you'll get this.

Run away!
This is why I don't think that any space ambulance should have any weapons at all. Replace them with various tools that work to search, rescue & save lives. Then other than the NPC pirates & Vanduul, most others should treat them as non-combatants that are not to be harmed.

Forgot your password?