Arena Commander bug

SilentB-TEST

Commander
Jan 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SilentB-TEST
I installed PTU 2.6.1 last night but have not played it yet so this may be resolved already. I am using a Thrustmaster Tflight Hotas X that I have mapped manually through Star Citizen. When I pick up powerups in AC it starts messing with my button mappings. It usually seems to change my missile lock button to something that changes my HUD screens. Which I find really funny since I still have not been able to change my HUDs when everything is working normal. I am looking on the issue board also board and will try 2.6.1 before I opened an issue on RSI but figured I would check with TEST to so if any one else seen this issue first.

Reactions: marcsand2

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I tried the new mappings. Mapped missile lock and missile fire to the same button, no missiles :joy: No problems with weird mappings. All mappings did what they had to do, except the missiles. Before I mapped anything, I first removed all existing mappings and mapped everything fresh. This also was my first ever PTU so no issues with previous mappings. I got my first invite for PTU 2.6 the same day that PU 2.6 was released :thinking:. Now I didn't got an invite, I just pressed the PTU button on the launcher, got a message that I had to copy my account first, copied my account to PTU and downloaded 2.6.1

SilentB-TEST

Commander
Jan 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SilentB-TEST
I tried the new mappings. Mapped missile lock and missile fire to the same button, no missiles :joy: No problems with weird mappings. All mappings did what they had to do, except the missiles. Before I mapped anything, I first removed all existing mappings and mapped everything fresh. This also was my first ever PTU so no issues with previous mappings. I got my first invite for PTU 2.6 the same day that PU 2.6 was released :thinking:. Now I didn't got an invite, I just pressed the PTU button on the launcher, got a message that I had to copy my account first, copied my account to PTU and downloaded 2.6.1
I still have not had a chance to finish remapping my controls to the 2.6.1 PTU unfortunately. I will say that I don't think you can map missile lock and fire to the same button. I might be wrong but mine were two separate buttons

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I still have not had a chance to finish remapping my controls to the 2.6.1 PTU unfortunately.
I fly almost a year with these settings, so it takes me only 5 - 10 minutes to remap. All mappings that I don't remember, I never use so I don't have to map them :wink:
I will say that I don't think you can map missile lock and fire to the same button. I might be wrong but mine were two separate buttons
Damn, I liked that single button setting :worried:

SilentB-TEST

Commander
Jan 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SilentB-TEST
I fly almost a year with these settings, so it takes me only 5 - 10 minutes to remap. All mappings that I don't remember, I never use so I don't have to map them :wink:

Damn, I liked that single button setting :worried:
Did it work for you before? Maybe I am wrong. One button would be nice. I'll try it on 2.6 and see if it works for me.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Did it work for you before? Maybe I am wrong. One button would be nice. I'll try it on 2.6 and see if it works for me.
I loaded default settings to check which mappings are default for missiles. Then I loaded my exported settings and discovered that the missile lock mapping wasn't mapped at all, strange, I checked the mapping in flight a few times. I mapped it again and now it works fine in 2.6.1 single push to lock, hold to fire.

Reactions: SilentB-TEST
Forgot your password?