ARGO MOLE ISSUES FOUND

M1TH

Grand Admiral
Donor
Aug 9, 2019
RSI Handle
M1th
So in a few hours of testing with the MOLE we have found a few issues that need to be known when mining/flying in the MOLE.

First off, the MOLE is very thirsty and drinks Hydrogen fuel like crazy.
Secondly there is an issue with the 3 miners that if one miner is scanning a rock and another miner goes to scan a different rock then the first value scanned by the first miner will be overwrote. In that same process if you are mining a rock and someone moves their laser over a different rock it will cause the mining values to overlay onto that persons rock but still keep the same values under it. This can cause you to overcharge the rock and not know it. When mining with the mole (in its current state) it seems to be best to have one focus with the rocks or to have each person mining their own individual rock remember where their "green area" is which is the lesser option. It seems to me that there are some bugs that still need to be worked out with it but nothing that can't be overcome.

M1TH

Grand Admiral
Donor
Aug 9, 2019
RSI Handle
M1th
Oh on another note, if you go to land with the mole the landing gear are not longer than the two outside mining pods so they need to be retracted. As well as the front mining pod needs to not look down at all when the ship is going to land cause that will screw with it as well. So just to keep it simple, when you land make sure everyone is out of their mining pods to avoid headaches.

M1TH

Grand Admiral
Donor
Aug 9, 2019
RSI Handle
M1th
By the time we left Lorville and got to a planet to mine we were already down to 75%. I hope they balance it to be better in the future...

Reactions: Blind Owl

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Did they have a sale for the mole? I don't remember seeing it for sale.

Reactions: Blind Owl

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
By the time we left Lorville and got to a planet to mine we were already down to 75%. I hope they balance it to be better in the future...
Don't worry, I'll bring me Starfarer!

Oh wait that doesn't work either.

Sorry then.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Fuel consumption stuff will likely get fixed soon by CIG based on feedback.

Honestly, the biggest issue I see right now (besides the scanning bug) is that desynch causes the lasers to not line up all on the appropriate target area. I was watching Myre stream, I didn't get a picture of it, but it looks important to have the pilot in command and direct the operation, and not have every laser operator doing their own thing.

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Good info...This is why we are testing it.
You did report this info in the IC? Thanks.
Already reported and acknowledged by the lead system designer who promised to look into this --

So it's available in 3.8 to buy with aUEC but not yet available to buy? Wondering how people are flying them already.
It's available for the ETF members; we can spawn it at any time if anyone's interested.
(There should be some incentive program -- I already managed to "sell" Mole to at least 2-3 people by letting them test the ship)

Malhard

Ensign
Jan 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Voodoo_oO
When I'm mining alone, or with only 2 friends, I need to use the middle laser. With that I need to go and get back to the cockpit. There is a bug that when I go back to the laser a second time the analyzer doesn't work, I can't fracture the stones anymore. If I go to the arm laser everything is normal.

Trinarius

Commander
Dec 31, 2019
RSI Handle
Trinarius
Not sure this qualifies as a bug but, the other night, when @Glum (Glumm) and I were out mining with the mole, just the two of us, I had to leave the pilot's chair to help out with drilling from the left-side drilling turret. When I had completed the task and attempted to exit the turret using the Y key, instead of the turret retracting back into the ship, the game dropped my avatar from the ship, to the ground. Thankfully, it wasn't a long drop and I already had a medpen equipped for use.

However, I wonder whether the game has some mechanic in place where when the ship is within a certain proximity of the ground that Y is eject rather than exit the seat.

Fortunately, in this case, Glumm was still on the ship and able to come pick me up from the surface. However, on my screen, the left turret remained extended for the rest of the trip, and there did not seem to be any switches in the cockpit to override the turret to retract it remotely. This made landing back at the station a problem, as the turrets extend below the level of the landing gear. I had to land with the turret hanging over the edge of the landing platform. (Interestingly, Glumm could not see this on his screen.)

So, if this eject functionality is intentional, fine, but I think there needs to be additional functionality to control the drilling turrets from the cockpit, as well.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Not sure this qualifies as a bug but, the other night, when @Glum (Glumm) and I were out mining with the mole, just the two of us, I had to leave the pilot's chair to help out with drilling from the left-side drilling turret. When I had completed the task and attempted to exit the turret using the Y key, instead of the turret retracting back into the ship, the game dropped my avatar from the ship, to the ground. Thankfully, it wasn't a long drop and I already had a medpen equipped for use.

However, I wonder whether the game has some mechanic in place where when the ship is within a certain proximity of the ground that Y is eject rather than exit the seat.

Fortunately, in this case, Glumm was still on the ship and able to come pick me up from the surface. However, on my screen, the left turret remained extended for the rest of the trip, and there did not seem to be any switches in the cockpit to override the turret to retract it remotely. This made landing back at the station a problem, as the turrets extend below the level of the landing gear. I had to land with the turret hanging over the edge of the landing platform. (Interestingly, Glumm could not see this on his screen.)

So, if this eject functionality is intentional, fine, but I think there needs to be additional functionality to control the drilling turrets from the cockpit, as well.
Sounds like a bug you should write this up in the issue council.

Reactions: Trinarius
Forgot your password?