Black_Sunder
Last edited:

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Gotcha. I'm imagining the big ship announcement is going up in Chris's presentation. I'm stoked. Staying up late for this shit!

So what's the story with the Mole? Bigger, better prospector? Or smaller?
4 person ship.
3 mining lasers
2x capacity of the Prospector
has saddlebags.

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
umm, would it not be better to have 4 people, each one having a prospector?

How does this make economic sense? Are NPCs going to be that cheap?
The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is maybe a small org owns one but not everyone has a prospector. with 3 crew manning the lasers and a pilot you could mine stuff and split the profits until everyone had enough for their own ship? The only real costs would be fuel and repairs right?

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is maybe a small org owns one but not everyone has a prospector. with 3 crew manning the lasers and a pilot you could mine stuff and split the profits until everyone had enough for their own ship? The only real costs would be fuel and repairs right?
I'm actually working on a small pro/con list for this very thing to present at the meeting next week:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
It was stated that the Mole could be used for mining rock types that usually would take a couple of prospectors. So I'm guessing you'd use different laser types to be able to mine different types of rock withing a single asteroid.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
umm, would it not be better to have 4 people, each one having a prospector?

How does this make economic sense? Are NPCs going to be that cheap?
This is TEST Squadron, while 3 of them do the mining, the other hands out fresh beers to them to maximize their productivity.

Now if they would just stop interdicting me. LOL
They's just looking to get "Drilled". ;p

Reactions: Scape and Blind Owl
Forgot your password?