Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
TEST is playing on an Official TheCenter server: NA-TheCenter571

Anyone is welcome to join us, so come on by!

General idea:

• There will be one primary TEST tribe. All members of test will join the same tribe and cooperate to dominate the server.
    • If you have RL friends that you trust, they are also welcome to join the tribe.
    • NOBODY is allowed in this tribe except TEST members and their RL friends. No random strangers.
  • Eventually we can splinter off to other tribes for people who want to try to be more solo - then the tribes can be allies so we can still share resources and not have to fear each others' turrets.
    • At the start, we will all level up faster if we are in the same tribe.
  • Some players can focus exclusively on gathering and building
  • Some players can focus exclusively on taming and breeding
  • Any player can optionally join in on PvP scavenging, raiding, etc
Note: You do NOT have to give up your spot on the private TEST ARK Server in order to play on an official server. It is definitely possible to play more than 1 server. However when we are first getting started, the more people playing official, the better, as the tribe will progress faster.

Current list of players:

1. Xist [Gather/Build/Tame/PvP]
  2. Bode (Xist's buddy) [Gather/Build/Tame/PvP]
  3. Skirr (Xist's buddy) [Gather/Build/Tame/PvP]
  4. RipVanDan [Gather/Build/Tame/Breed/PvP]
  5. Grimli [Gather/Supply/PvP]
  6. Smocca (Xist's buddy) [Gather/Build/PvP]
  7. BOX3R
  8. CapnJack
  9. Halleluyeah
  10. Sethious [Gather/Build/Tame/Breed/PvP]
  11. Xaing [Gather/Build/Tame/Breed]
  12. Halvix [Gather/Build/Tame]
  13. Munken [Gather/Build/Tame/PvP]
  14. Legal (Xist's buddy) [Gather/Build/Tame/PvP]
  15. Gonzoa

==== END THREAD ====

Below here are notes about the map so we can figure out where to start and where to focus our end-game building.

Resource locations:

General info RE resource locations

Deep Sea Loot Crate locations

Artifact Locations and here.

Notable locations:

Main Volcano Island

• Some metal
  • Animals: Rex, Carno, Saber, Raptor, Scorpions, Argents, Spino, Dimes, Quetzal
  • End-game Base Rating 3/5 @ 27.1, 51.5
    • Can block the path with a few gates and many turrets to stop Gigas, but it's still accessible
    • Would block metal nodes
  • Loot: Red, Yellow, Green
Cave @ 26.9,65.6

Can we get Quetzal+Anky in here? Unsure. If so, excellent PvP farming here.​
  • LOTS of crystal
  • Dung beetles
  • Lots of snakes/spiders
  • Metal
  • Obsidian
  • Artifact of the Massive
Minor Lava Island @ 30,80
  • Good place to grind meat & levels
  • Lots of carnivore spawns
Minor Lava Island @ 18,80

(Totally empty, possible spot for water base?)​

Horseshoe Island @ 50,80
  • End-game Base Rating 4/5 @ 43.5,84.2
    • 8x10 Giga-proof pillar
    • Additional Giga-resistant land bridge for some dinos
  • End-game Base Rating 4/5 @ 51.6,88.3
    • 4x6 Gigal-proof pillar
  • Decent Metal spread around the island, would want to hold the entire island
  • Trace crystal
  • Lagoon would make a good water pen, easily to block off at ocean entrance
    • Natural barriers to land dinos intruding
  • Animals: Bronto, Mega
  • Loot: Blue, Green
Island @ 70,80
  • End-game Base Rating 4/5 @ 70.4,82.2
    • 6x10 irregular Giga-proof pillar
  • Animals: Bronto
  • Decent metal spread around the island
  • Trace crystal
  • OK water pen, can block ocean easily, but hard to defend vs land dinos
Small Skull Island @ 91,67
  • Put plant turrets here ASAP to keep people away
    • Excellent farming spot
    • If someone builds a base here it will be VERY hard to attack it, and it will block a lot of metal/crystal nodes
  • LOT of Metal in/around caldera
  • LOT of crystal
  • Little obsidian
  • Animals: Bats, Snakes, Spiders
Southwest Center Island @ 88.2,22.1
  • Animals: Mammoth, Wolves, Rhinos, Deer, Ankys (88.6,06.7)
  • SEVERAL Giga-proof pillars of various sizes
  • Little metal
Western Edge @ *.*,0.0
  • Patches of 4-6 metal nodes all down the western edge
    • Quetzal+Anky farming run
  • Quetzal @ 46.3,0.0
Glacier @ 54.6,0.0
  • Decent metal nodes
  • Some Oil
  • Animals: Spino, Penguins
  • End-game Base Rating 4/5 Glacial Island @ 54.0,00.3
    • Giga-resistant
    • Water-proof
    • Defends good polymer/oil resource
TheCenter Floating Island
  • End-game Base Rating 5/5
    • Giga-proof
    • Huge area to build on
      • Probably too big for 1 tribe to realistically use it all, but we must keep other people off it if we can.
  • Animals: Anky, Scorpions, Argent, Carno, Saber, Rex, Dimorph, Terror bird
  • Loot: Green
  • Cave:
    • Animals: Doedicurus, Alpha Raptor
    • Metal, Crystal, can be farmed by Qetzal
  • Water down below (NO EXIT TO SEA?)
    • Pearls
    • Animals: Mega, Ichty, Manta
Southwest Snow Mountain @ 75.8,13.0

Excellent farming area if base is nearby​
  • LOTS of Metal
  • LOTS of Oil
BEAVER DAMS
  • 51.3,13.1 in the swamp NW of TheCenter

Last edited:
Reactions: Grimbli

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Me too!

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Added.

I also added some more info about what people are interested in doing. For example if you want to focus only on gather/build, or if you want to tame or breed, and if you want to PvP.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I will mostly gather/build. But will tame and pvp too.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Updated. You can of course do the activities in whatever order you want, I am just trying to get an idea of if nobody wants to PvP, or if nobody wants to tame, or whatever.

Seems like we pretty much have all of the activities covered with this group so far.

I'll help with the breeding as long as we have enough people online to breed. Feeding babies on official takes about 24 hours of solid coverage, so it _really_ helps to have players in different time zones.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I will probably end up only building/gathering as I can usually only play some Sundays. But I'd be interested in the other things if it happens while I'm on.

Would be great if we started on the server together and could knock out the first dozen or so levels as a group. I would definitely run around gathering things to make a ton of spears for you guys.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Yea, the best way to power level early on is to gather together, and do all of the crafting while standing in a group.

The official tribe I've been in (who will move to this new server) also tends to power level 1 guy. So we let that 1 guy do all of the crafting, and as soon as he hits level 35 we get him a Ptera, he spends all of his time grinding mobs, killing alphas, etc, while the rest of us continue to gather.

Then he crafts and we all get shared XP.

In this way, he hits 50 super fast (Carnos). 55 Super fast (Rexes). 70 (Quetzal saddles). 80 (Insane red drops with ascendent gear).

We will get access to those items faster than anyone else because we're boosting whoever is crazy enough to play non-stop. (Usually Skirr).

BOX3R

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
BOX3R
I'm in. Game time will be pretty much limited to 9pm+ EST 2-3 days / week, random weekends, but I do have the flexibility to jump in and do a quick run, feed babies, etc. throughout the day. I am also highly interested in PvP. But man will it suck going back to default tame/gather rates.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
I'm in. Game time will be pretty much limited to 9pm+ EST 2-3 days / week, random weekends, but I do have the flexibility to jump in and do a quick run, feed babies, etc. throughout the day. I am also highly interested in PvP. But man will it suck going back to default tame/gather rates.
Default rates aren't bad when you play with a team. You need multiple people working together to get resources and/or to tame dinos.

Also we never tame dinos without kibble except at the very beginning, so pretty much everything in game can still be done in a few hours. Even so, we try to have multiple people online so we can get help during that time.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Count me in for this it sounds great!!!
I played a bit at the beginning of the Test Ark server and enjoyed it this sounds 100x better.
Added

Xaing

Admiral
Nov 11, 2015
RSI Handle
Xaingu
I would be interested as well tho I am not big on pvp. I work rotating shifts so I might be useful on breeding coverage on odd hours every other week. I also enjoy taming, building, and gathering.

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
Sounds good.. Count me in. TEST Tribe BEST Tribe.
I'll punch trees, pick berries and pick up all the rocks I see... And I'll help build our fortress with its 42 Auto-Turrets. Might knock out some dino's or other players too. And I'll tame an army of Dilo's and Dodo's as soon as I can craft a club. And of course we'll need a good supply of Pteranadons for scouting and exploring.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I've been flying around in single player to scout out possible base locations.

Of course we'll want a main giant base on the huge central floating island. The Alpha Tribe on the server must hold this. But it generally doesn't have much access to rare materials so we'll need several outposts with a supply chain back to main base. A flock of Argents may help in the beginning but we'll want platform Queztals with storage bins on them for late game.

Two outposts that strike me from the beginning:
-Snow biomes to the north or south for Oil/Crystal and some Metal.
-Volcano biome to the east by north-east for Obsidian.

There are a couple good spots underwater for Pearls/Oil, but we'll have to wait for the water pump tech to live in one. Unless we just dive down to collect every so often.

I'll do some more scouting this weekend. Let me know if you guys see any on the map too. I have yet to find huge deposits of metal.

Halleluyeah

Lieutenant
Apr 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Halleluyeah
I've been flying around in single player to scout out possible base locations.

Of course we'll want a main giant base on the huge central floating island. The Alpha Tribe on the server must hold this. But it generally doesn't have much access to rare materials so we'll need several outposts with a supply chain back to main base. A flock of Argents may help in the beginning but we'll want platform Queztals with storage bins on them for late game.

Two outposts that strike me from the beginning:
-Snow biomes to the north or south for Oil/Crystal and some Metal.
-Volcano biome to the east by north-east for Obsidian.

There are a couple good spots underwater for Pearls/Oil, but we'll have to wait for the water pump tech to live in one. Unless we just dive down to collect every so often.

I'll do some more scouting this weekend. Let me know if you guys see any on the map too. I have yet to find huge deposits of metal.

for metal my old tribe setup a base on the volcano and got a high level ankylo, just smash rocks with it and you'll have a huge supply. it took 3 forges to keep melting the metal efficiently

Forgot your password?