Article 13 will affects everyone. Please help us stop it before it's too late

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
TLDR - Every nation in the EU needs to be like the UK by giving the EU the middle finger & exiting too in order to save their own sovereignty for their citizens. Or at least that's what my sober mind got out of those vids. It's times like this I wish I could get drunk. lols

Reactions: Bambooza and Deroth

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
Last edited:

DarthMatter

Space Marshal
Jul 18, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMatter
*coughs* First Amendment

*coughs* I can say whatever random shit I want

Either way that article looks retarded
It's stupid, yes.
But in my opinion it is understandable.
The ones lobbying against it (the hardest) are the big internet/tech companies.
Companies that have knowingly and repeatedly avoided EU regulation before to turn a bigger profit of its citizens.

If those companies and the EU had a better history, maybe the EU would have listened more. Instead all the lobbying is making the EU dig their heels in...

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
My dad always says, "What makes America great is the fact anybody can sue anybody else, at any time, for any reason...whether they collect or not is another issue." So, you may be "in the right" but if you get sued, you still have to prove to a jury that you were right (and spend $$,$$$ to lawyer up for this privilege, I mean, opportunity to exercise your rights).

So, with regards to memes, just to be clear...in the US, you *do NOT* have the right to make meme's..."fair use" is allowed, BUT, this is an affirmative defense !

Just like my daddy said, you can make something, post it online, and still get dragged to court...where you then (if you want to say "It was fair use!") say, yes I did it, but it falls under "fair use." And then, the jury gets to decide (after lawyers on both sides ring up an appropriate amount of billable hours).

FYI, here are the standard jury instructions that the US 9th Circuit uses, to give the jury the necessary background info to decide if what you (the defendant) did actually was "fair use."
http://www3.ce9.uscourts.gov/jury-instructions/node/280

Forgot your password?