At least 2 new ships at ILW -- Drake MULE, Anvil Legionnaire

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Drake Mule - ground vehicle, direct to flyable (driveable). Holds 2 SCU of cargo, 1 person. No idea on prices
Anvil Legionnaire - Boarding ship to take over ships or stations. 8 drop seats, "veratile" docking options and "an advanced security infiltration system". Looks like a Pelican (Halo) crossed with a Terrapin. Wild guess, but I would expect this to run somewhere between 300-500 dollars. I know it's a big range, but I suspect this is the human equivalent of the Prowler/Valkyrie for ship/station boarding. The big variable will be how big the weapons/security system is and how much they value it. EDIT: If our Glorious Leader Montoya is correct about the sizing, it's about the size of a Prowler/Cutlass, so I suspect it will be medium sized components. Not sure on weapons, but I would expect a good shield and good armor for a breaching pod, not much in the way of maneuverability, and just enough speed to get it to the target.

There may be one more, but I can't stick around for more testing

Not my videos, but I will post a link to some.

View: https://youtu.be/8VeOMqDo-M8
- Legionnaire
View: https://youtu.be/HbP2yUaiB0w
- Mule

Last edited:

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
I can't help but wonder, if you can put a 2 SCU on the front and a 1 SCU on the back (they are both the same width, just the length is different). If so, this would be great for bunker missions, just cruise up with one person driving it and the rest of the crew stacking items into it. Might be more efficient than using tractor beams alone.

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
The Mule looks interesting, but I can't see what gameplay use it will have prior to the arrival of the cargo refactor, given the 1SCU and 2SCU boxes which we can create are moveable using the hand-held tractor beam (I guess you could use it as temporary storage of the boxes using a Platinum bay pad if planning to claim the ship that has the boxes on it at another location to cut back on travel time or to melt the ship they are stored on) - If we had persistant hangars I could see a use for it moving the boxes between ships or from ships to store in the hangar, though.

Following the Argo Cargo as a referral reward at the last IAE, the mule would make a nice referral reward for Invictus. However, given the FPS event there it would seem more likely that there will be some armor set instead (if we get anything).

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Have and use the little Terrapin a lot. Will see what is flyable/available but two new additions(correction 3) that I know of is not a bad start to my week.:o7:

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
Interesting ships.

The Legionnaire's design caused me to look back at the 'Aliens' dropship for comparison. I like the look, though wonder about the utility of its boarding function? I can see how the ship could be a place to group for PVE mission content, but wonder if players will actually use it that way or still arrive solo at the mission point in their own ships anyway?

The Mule is cool. Its design struck me as being Argo, but Drake is a next best choice. While I think there is room for another cargo road vehicle, I was looking for a little different game play angle for a next rover. How about a mobile medical unit? Or a fuel truck? I hope CIG will consider functional variants for this concept, as I like the looks.

Last edited:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Interesting ships.

The Legionnaire's design caused me to look back at the 'Aliens' dropship for comparison. I like the look, though wonder about the utility of its boarding function? I can see how PVE missions involving boarding a rogue/enemy capital ship, for example, can be a place for players to group up ahead of tackling mission content, but will players actually use it that way or still arrive solo at the mission point in their own ships anyway? That's an open question. I'd rather have seen a ship like this focused on a different fleet support function until group gameplay design is fleshed out more.
Given how many boarding ships there are so far I am wondering if its just for SQ42 missions or if they imagine and building missions in anticipation that players will arrive together on an Idris or Kraken, board a drop-ship, and be ferried down to the bunker or across to the hostile station before engaging in some fps. The other option I have been pondering is perhaps they are expecting us to have teams of NPC's to assist in ground combat and expect us to transport them to the FOB.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
The Legionnaire seems interesting, but for me its value / usefulness might well come down to a number of key factors such as price, size & defensability in regards of being able to dock & unload the boarding crew safely.

Forgot your password?