ATTENTION --- FOIP not working? This may be the problem.

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
Although I am not using FOIP at present, Many people are having problems getting SC to recognise their camera.
I found this post on the SC subReddit and thought that it was worthy of passing on. (Not a lot of info on Reddit is. HA HA)
CLICK THE LINK

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/auaj6i View: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/auaj6i/i_found_a_solution_for_the_foip_not_working/

Please pass this on to those that have FOIP problems.

I hope this helps some of you.
FOIP is a great additiopn to Star Citizen and even 'Ole Cosmic might use it one day.
Cheers.
TEST SQUADRON - BEST SQUARDON.

Last edited:

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
This is almost impossible to read on the dark setting for the forum. Good find though, sad there was no beer mentioned with the ATTENTION.

Reactions: Scape

Kiladyn

Vice Admiral
Dec 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Kiladyn
everyone you has BEER drink some! There Printimus theres your beer. lol. I need to get a webcam... gah the list of stuff I want for this game keeps going up

Reactions: Scape

archiefalcon

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
archiefalcon
For those that can't see that dark font, here is the info that Cosmic posted:

I found a solution for the FOIP not working problem!
Yay! After much tinkering and trying to follow advice I searched inside SC files for a clue.
There's a file named Game.log inside your LIVE folder.
Open SC, try to set camera / FOIP, fail at it, close SC.
Then look at Game.log ... there is a lot of stuff inside there, but at the end of the file I found the following lines:

<18:22:36> [FACEWARE] Found 2 cameras
<18:22:36> [FACEWARE] Camera #0 'HD Pro Webcam C920' [...]
<18:22:36> [FACEWARE] Camera #1 'Logi Capture' [...]
<18:22:36> [FACEWARE] Selected camera #1 'Logi Capture' [...]

This helped me a lot to find the problem, the game was detecting 2 cameras and told me which one was trying to use (wrong one, of course). In my case this was the program Logitech Capture, which I uninstalled and then the game only found one camera, and it worked ... at last!!!
So if you are still battling with this issue, try to search into the Game.log file, it may throw you a clue to find what is messing with your setup :D
Don't have any kind of way to call everyone who had the problem, so I hope that somehow .... the ones who are interested can find this post XD I know I've been trying for a couple months :(
By the way, I was using a C920 Pro
PS: CIG please, put a device selector there.

Thank you Cosmic for that INFO.

Reactions: CosmicTrader
Forgot your password?