Auto-Zoom Issue [RESOLVED]

Amun Khonsu

Captain
Donor
Jan 28, 2022
RSI Handle
Amun-Khonsu
As some of you know from my desperate pleas on Discord, I have been having a problem where my cockpit HUD kept autozooming. After a month of trial and error, I have figured out the work around for this problem, should you have the same issue.

I first noticed this issue after I had re-installed the game and all of my options were reset.

This is a bit of a scatter gun approach but here is what I did to resolve the issue:

1) Ran a verify files on my launcher.
2) Launched game and turned off all Pilot Look Ahead options
3) Turned off all head tracking
4) Went into Keybindings and unbound anything related to AutoZoom and Zoom In\out in every flight, turret and vehicles section.
5) Quit the game and the launcher, then restarted and relaunched
6) You may notice that all "necessary" zoom options are automatically rebound to certain keys. This is okay. All unnecessary zoom options will not be rebound.

Log into PU and it should be fixed. I haven't had a problem for the last two days of online play ever since doing this despite testing by trying to replicate the problem.

I believe (but due to my scatter gun approach don't know for certain) that this problem relates to "Dynamic AutoZoom" options.

megazoomed.jpg
notzoomed.jpg

Last edited:
Forgot your password?