Avenger rework

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Not sure I like it bigger. Makes no sense to me that they needed it bigger for components, and then made it bigger inside. Could be the inside difference is not that much but this will be easier to hit, and harder to fit into things like the Carrack bay. Could be they didn't want a Warlock hiding in the Carrack.

View: https://youtu.be/xHpQ35duByE

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
OR, hear me out....., it could be that they are making all the ships with the new pipeline design frame so that everything is kosher when the game gets done. Avenger was a really really early ship and it needs some catching up to do with the rest of the war birds.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
It is true that it will be larger inside & out so that it will also be easier to hit, but as this was a former police vehicle, perhaps it will also get an upgrade to its armor or shields to go with the increased size difference. Either way, it is still a gorgeous ship & now it will have a better ability to get around inside of.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I love the idea of it getting little bigger, it's so cramped now it's not making any sense..
And that the ladder entry to cockpit finally works on all Avengers as intended from the start made it a lot better for shore specially when you carry cargo in it.

That is one thing I do hope they keep with the remake is the outside ladder entry to the cockpit so it still have that option for a faster take off.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Yeh it doesn't work as it is the crouch to enter mechanic is nasty. I will prefer it just a bit bigger. If it carries 2scu more cargo that is a bonus!!

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
As a police/bounty hunter ship it needs a weapons rack and a locker to change into body armor or civies. Remember nothing more than a side arm and a flight suit in the pilot seat. :slight_smile:

Because of that most of us are going to be going out the ramp not through the cockpit anyway.

Though they really need to fix the entering through a ramp in Zero-G nonsense that is there now.

I both like the rework and don't like it but I think I will end up liking it more than hating it.

As long as it is still a fighter and not a Cutlass/Freelancer. :)

Last edited:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I love the idea of it getting little bigger, it's so cramped now it's not making any sense..
And that the ladder entry to cockpit finally works on all Avengers as intended from the start made it a lot better for shore specially when you carry cargo in it.

That is one thing I do hope they keep with the remake is the outside ladder entry to the cockpit so it still have that option for a faster take off.
BTW Beer is not the answer. Beer is the question. Yes is the answer.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
I agree you really do not want anything that you take into a fight to be a bigger target. The only plus would be if you could take bigger shields and weopons (terrible idea). Sadly whenever ships get bigger people seem to think they are worth more but I would much rather have the original sized orion than the current one, and the same goes for the BMM. The caterpillar is a handful as it is and fodder.

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
I like the bigger ships but why not keep a smaller version because not everyone likes the big ship designs.

Have an Avenger Titan and an Avenger Titan X (bigger one) or something to suit everyone.

Means more variety and the current versions don't simply get wasted and never seem again, it's a shame to see so much work simply deleted after we have essentially funded and cheer at the wasting of our own cash.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I agree you really do not want anything that you take into a fight to be a bigger target. The only plus would be if you could take bigger shields and weopons (terrible idea). Sadly whenever ships get bigger people seem to think they are worth more but I would much rather have the original sized orion than the current one, and the same goes for the BMM. The caterpillar is a handful as it is and fodder.
I mostly agree with you except for the part about not wanting the bigger Orion. In this case the Orion shall be capable of devouring worlds.

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
Based on what I saw in the SQ42 demo, I am not worried about what the supersized Penguin will be - it looks great, maybe even better than before, and will now be a truly useful, solo multi-role ship - it reminds me of what I thought the Mustang Beta was going to be (and it makes me look forward to the rework of the Mustang's although I am on the fence about the new styling we have seen so far for the Mustang's).

I have always felt that most of the original ships were too small for their intended role so these reworks are making them all more 'believable' for me.

'Gimp

Forgot your password?