Bad News on Salvage

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Salvage and the Vulture ship have been removed from the Roadmap until further notice and the team responsible for it have been refocused to Sq42. Check the link below.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
StAgGeReD dEvElOpMeNt WiLl SpEeD tHiNgS aLoNg

Stuff like this is why people get frustrated at the seemingly glacial development speed of CIG. Up until yesterday the Vulture and Salvaging v1 were supposed to be Q1 2020, but now it seems apparent that no work has been done on them. So probably would have been pushed back, again, and then we have another half-assed cut patch like 3.8 and call it more progress.

Or if there was it's been shelved until further notice and will probably have to be started over from scratch because they decided to switch engines for a 4th time. There is 0 chance that SQ42 hits its Q4 2020 goal in my opinion. Half the levels are still in whitebox and only a handful are are in the greybox stage.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
As I feared the more this game drags on the more delayed it gets, the Hercules is delayed, Salvage delayed, Vulture delayed all to push SQ42 so they can meet their deadline which I seriously doubt will happen, this game will never make the deadline at this rate and I can almost guarantee they will have to make another sale or some sort of merger to make the money to get it done.

Sayora

Grand Admiral
Donor
Oct 23, 2018
RSI Handle
Sayora
I did pick up a Vulture but am not melting it, Salvage will be out at some point.

I saw this coming, SQ42 is the focus and it looks like they are struggling and really wanting to get that Beta out in 2020 come hell or high water! I see the PU suffering some this year as things that don't crossover for both "games" get sidelined to focus on SQ42 needs.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
And please don't tell me the whole "chapter" thing means only one chapter gets released when SQ42 goes live that will really piss me off lmao. I swear if this turns into all the other games where every 3 months we get another chapter I will become anti SC lol. As it is now many games have chapter like themes to them where every few months another chapter gets released and I just started thinking about this when I saw the SQ42 road map, it makes sense to drag SQ42 out in chapters so they can literally fill up the 2 years between SQ42 gets released and hopefully the actual game goes live, 2 years is lucky in my opinion but sounds about right if you stagger chapters every month or so you can fill up that space.

Please tell me there is a Q&A somewhere that says chapters aren't released every few months lmao!!

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
AVEC DIVERSE ALARUMS!
The sooner Squadron chapter 1 completes, the sooner we get an enormous hoard of developers back for PU work. Salvage mechanics are complex, and while our tungsten mouths hunger the core work in the PU is more important overall.

But by all means melt and salt.

Reactions: Sayora

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I saw this coming, SQ42 is the focus and it looks like they are struggling and really wanting to get that Beta out in 2020 come hell or high water! I see the PU suffering some this year as things that don't crossover for both "games" get sidelined to focus on SQ42 needs.
Indeed. I have a feeling that it is a combined pressure from their own revenue as well as the promises made to the marketing/publisher they picked up for SQ42. They have already said that SQ42 dates are sliding and I am sure that is causing some anxiety and so more resources are getting pulled into helping push it to beta. What has me concerned is not that they are pulling PU resources to push out SQ42 but that they already said SQ42 resources will not be slated to work on PU after SQ42 episode 1 is released, but will instead roll into working on episode 2.

This means that not only is the PU getting shafted but a fair amount of work for SQ42 assets are shells only completed as far as needed for the linear story thus ships and stations you visit in SQ42 that are also in the PU will still require a lot of rework to make them PU ready.

And please don't tell me the whole "chapter" thing means only one chapter gets released when SQ42 goes live that will really piss me off lmao. I swear if this turns into all the other games where every 3 months we get another chapter I will become anti SC lol. As it is now many games have chapter like themes to them where every few months another chapter gets released and I just started thinking about this when I saw the SQ42 road map, it makes sense to drag SQ42 out in chapters so they can literally fill up the 2 years between SQ42 gets released and hopefully the actual game goes live, 2 years is lucky in my opinion but sounds about right if you stagger chapters every month or so you can fill up that space.

Please tell me there is a Q&A somewhere that says chapters aren't released every few months lmao!!
They haven't said they are not going to do chapter releases but they did say they are doing episode releases and so far it looks like they are still road mapping to include all of the chapters in one episode. How much of that we will be able to play in beta is unknown.

There is a lot riding on the success of SQ42.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
salvage isnt important to core systems of sq42 so i understand. im not happy about it but what has to be done has to be done for the sake of the entire game itself i'll wait another year or 2 longer...

Reactions: Deroth

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
The problem to me is the more delays happen the more it costs, the more it costs the more delays happen, its a never ending cycle at this point and history shows when companies run into these sort of problems they usually are left with only a few options, cut their losses, sell off parts of the company like they did a year ago or whenever I cant remember the date but they sold a chunk or merge with another company like EA, Activision etc... so they can put out a lesser unfinished piece of garbage. All of these scenarios spell disaster for us the community.

At this point they cant keep up with the deadlines they themselves have created and every time one item misses a deadline its almost impossible to make the rest of your deadlines because you had to sacrifice something else to catch the other one up. So every time the shit hits the fan CIG comes up with another gimmick to sell to the community, first they stopped using the term deadlines because they rarely made their deadlines and got tired of the community calling them out for it, so then it was a roadmap with "Caveats" basically saying here are the deadlines but in fine print don't blame us if we miss a deadline...… now we have staggered development which is just another gimmick saying don't blame us for missing deadlines.

Sorry but that's exactly what it is, this game is going to be lucky if it goes live by 2024 at this rate and if does go live earlier it will be an unfinished shell of the game it was designed to be, for me SQ42 is not a priority why they sunk so much time and money into a single player campaign is beyond reasoning when the PU system is the core of what this community is after. They could have made a campaign without the 20+ celebrity cameo's which had to cost a ton of $$ to make, if their banking their success on SQ42 I think they are making a big mistake personally.

Forgot your password?