Battletech : Does anybody else remember?

Did you ever enjoy the Battletech experience?

• Yes!

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • What was the question? I was getting another beer.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Sorry, I wasn't born yet old man.

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
When I was a teenager back in the early & mid 1990's, there was a special arcade named VIRTUAL WORLD in Dallas, TX & supposedly several others around America where you could climb inside a Virtual Reality flight simulator to play several different games, but the most popular was Battletech. Did any of you get the chance to ever try this out as well?

At this special arcade, the waiting area was a hang out area called The Space Bar that sold various beverages of alcoholic & non-alcoholic nature, including Jolt Cola!

Damn I miss that place.

Last edited:

makute

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
VishMainha
Yes, I 'member. :)

After we discovered it, back in the early days of the internet, me and the squad, dreaming about which of our favorite arcade salons could fit better the pods.

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
I never got to do it, but giant robot combat was my jam back then.

I don't have any idea how many hours I dumped into Mechwarrior , Heavy Gear (Both 1 and 2 are abandonware now), Battlezone 2 (also abandonware), Earthseige 2 (Available free officially), and Shogo: Mobile Armor Division (available on GOG for 6 bucks).

Setrius

Captain
Oct 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Tekks
Im still living it! Mechwarrior online is "free to play" and is a lot of fun if you dont mind arena games (though I would give them all of my money for a single player campaign) and Q1 of 2018 will see Battletech which is more like the old Mech Commander games.

Makes me wish I still had my old Hex mats for the table top version. The Boy is 7 now. Have to get him started on some of the classics before he realizes that there are games out there that don't give you the option to sit and spend hours allocating armour points and trying to squeeze every laser possible onto those heatsinks

Forgot your password?