wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Pembroke RSI Sunburst suit with huge backpack!
Heavy armor, 40% damage protection, temperature rating -75 / 225 °C.

Available in subscriber's store, coming in SC Alpha 3.15.

Designed to extend the limits of Human endurance, the Pembroke can withstand the extreme heat of inhospitable high-temperature environments. Based off of Caldera’s best-in-class exploration armor platform, an advanced sensor suite intelligently adjusts to environmental conditions so the wearer’s body temperature remains stable.

ScreenShot-2021-11-09_21-26-16-F87.jpg

ScreenShot-2021-11-09_21-17-21-526.jpg

Last edited:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Just asking. . .aside from the fact everyone has a favorite costume or armor, is there anyone here who knows what the difference is between the view available between heavy and medium armor?

I know I sound odd, but just asking--there is a difference between the situational awareness afforded a player using heavy helmet and medium helmet. What is the difference? What can you not see when wearing heavy helmet as compared to medium helmet?

Last edited:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I know I sound odd, but just asking--there is a difference between the situational awareness afforded a player using heavy helmet and medium helmet. What is the difference? What can you not see when wearing heavy helmet as compared to medium helmet?
I haven't noticed a huge difference in what you can see, outside of the left hand side of the Mobiglas (obscured with heavy armor) . But if you wear medium armor, you can move faster and still get good protection from a medium helmet. If you can mix and match, medium armor with a heavy chest, you seem to maximize the benefits of both. I haven't tried that in 3.15 yet.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Movement is a function of complete weight. Protection is a function of armor class, except the helmet. All helmets weigh 2 kg. See the lower right:

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Just asking. . .aside from the fact everyone has a favorite costume or armor, is there anyone here who knows what the difference is between the view available between heavy and medium armor?

I haven't noticed a huge difference in what you can see, outside of the left hand side of the Mobiglas (obscured with heavy armor) . But if you wear medium armor, you can move faster and still get good protection from a medium helmet. If you can mix and match, medium armor with a heavy chest, you seem to maximize the benefits of both. I haven't tried that in 3.15 yet.
Pembroke RSI Edition helmet doesn't obscure mobiGlass at all -- probably thanks to those blue eyes ; )

The new Pembroke base variant (orange) still has a visor which improves immersion, but it has some limitations -- you can't see left and ride sides of the mG bar nor anything on the left and right when you look down --

ScreenShot-2021-10-28_07-13-22-6D7.jpg

ScreenShot-2021-10-25_22-20-51-4D1.jpg

Last edited:
Forgot your password?