Beerfarer?

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Since the Starfarer is intended to carry liquid cargo, and since every port has at least one bar, it would seem logical that you would need something to transport liquor and beer in bulk to keep the bars running.
The Starfarer fills the role nicely.
More importantly though is the Starfarer has a refinery on board to refine fuel and refining fuel is skill based.
What if, instead of a person with the skill to refine fuel aboard you carried a master brewer or master distiller?
Could you use the Starfarer to brew beer?
Distill spirits like Rum, Vodka or Whiskey?

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
Since the Starfarer is intended to carry liquid cargo, and since every port has at least one bar, it would seem logical that you would need something to transport liquor and beer in bulk to keep the bars running.
More importantly though is the Starfarer has a refinery on board to refine fuel and refining fuel is skill based.
What if, instead of a person with the skill to refine fuel aboard you carried a master brewer or master distiller?
I like the way you think!

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
A few streamers have a beer starfarer animation they use. One or two are in TEST. :P It's been a while so forgot which one uses the beer starfarer, not in test there's GHG who has an original animation as well.

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
Since the starfarer has a nice bit of space in the cargo hold, they should make a module that puts a bar in. That way, you can make the beer and sell it, which'll massively increase your profit margin. Also, you'd have a bar. :)
I know this thread is called 'Beerfarer', but I feel like 'Barfarer' would be a better fit in this case.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Since the starfarer has a nice bit of space in the cargo hold, they should make a module that puts a bar in. That way, you can make the beer and sell it, which'll massively increase your profit margin. Also, you'd have a bar. :slight_smile:
I know this thread is called 'Beerfarer', but I feel like 'Barfarer' would be a better fit in this case.
@Blind Owl called it a beerfarer in response to a post I made in an anniversary sale thread and inspired me. :)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I cannot claim any responsibility. The Beerfarer idea was theorycrafted heavily a couple years back, and even then it wasn't a new idea. Turns out TESTies have been thinking about this since, well, since the beginning of TEST time...
https://testsquadron.com/threads/test-squadrons-ancestors.2555/
Rum Running, trading in "East Indies goods," distilling alcohol on a ship are concepts that predates the United States. :) I never believed I was first. :) Though I have been joking about it since joining Test. :)

The Starfarer becomes available, again, shortly. I just thought it deserved a thread for the sale. :)

The name Beerfarer, though, I had never heard before you mentioned it.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Rum Running, trading in "East Indies goods," distilling alcohol on a ship are concepts that predates the United States. :slight_smile: I never believed I was first. :slight_smile: Though I have been joking about it since joining Test. :slight_smile:

The Starfarer becomes available, again, shortly. I just thought it deserved a thread for the sale. :slight_smile:

The name Beerfarer, though, I had never heard before you mentioned it.
Haha, tis a great name, the Beerfarer. And she's a hell of an amazing ship. You would be doing yourself a favour by picking one up, that's for sure.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
This has been the plan ever since they showed us the starfarer. We shall make and take all the booze. Nobody give @Blind Owl a ride though, he will suck your ship dry.

Forgot your password?