Bill Paxton.

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
Saw this this morning and combined with the death earlier this week of a friend who is my age (47) this hit me harder than I might have expected. Paxton was a movie fixture in the 80's and 90's, a solid character actor who occasionally happened into tremendous roles in true blockbusters and who had seen a much deserved resurgence over the past couple years with Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Training Day TV reboot.

By all accounts he was a decent guy as well, who befriended and mentored up and comers like Aaron Paul and other younger actors.

Unusual in Hollwood, he was married to his 2nd wife for 30 years at the the time of his passing and leaves behind a couple kids.

His turns in Predators, Twister, Weird Science, Tombstone and Titanic were all solid but his portrayal of Private Hudson in Aliens is a classic.

God Speed Space Marine, ooh rah.

'Gimp

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Saw this this morning and combined with the death earlier this week of a friend who is my age (47) this hit me harder than I might have expected. Paxton was a movie fixture in the 80's and 90's, a solid character actor who occasionally happened into tremendous roles in true blockbusters and who had seen a much deserved resurgence over the past couple years with Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Training Day TV reboot.

By all accounts he was a decent guy as well, who befriended and mentored up and comers like Aaron Paul and other younger actors.

Unusual in Hollwood, he was married to his 2nd wife for 30 years at the the time of his passing and leaves behind a couple kids.

His turns in Predators, Twister, Weird Science and Titanic were all solid but his portrayal of Private Hudson in Aliens is a classic.

God Speed Space Marine, ooh rah.

'Gimp
Well said Sir Gimp.
I'm sorry to hear of your friend's passing. :(

Dragonslaya54

Space Marshal
May 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Nilrune
Game over man! Game over! Oh wait someone said that already... So sad to hear that he's gone... In honor of his great work, I will crash my aurora while saying his famous quote. Game over Bill. Game over.

Forgot your password?