BNB End of the Year Push Ideas?

BadNewsBaron

Lieutenant
Jun 26, 2014
RSI Handle
BadNewsBaron
Hey guys! I'm planning december out, and I'd like to make a big push to get to 5k followers by the end of the year. (I'm pretty confident I can get to 4k by the end of November). I have a couple of ships that have been donated to the cause, but I'm low on ideas since on the forums you can't directly link to Twitch as part of the requirements of a contest.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Also, just a heads up that I'll be giving away an LTI Pirate Pack (includes Cutlass) on November 28th.

And final heads up... You should soon start seeing TEST icons in Twitch chat ;) I'm submitting my emote right now as part of my Twitch partnership. Thanks!

BadNewsBaron
http://twitch.tv/badnewsbaron

Reactions: Dalarast

Yellowdog

Rear Admiral
Donor
Sep 30, 2014
RSI Handle
Yellowdog
Perhaps you could join random AC games and try to interview people while they are trying to fight/race. Or try to reach out to CIG staff for interviews, Challenges, Etc.

Lonestar the Kilrathi

Rear Admiral
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Lonestar the Kilrathi
just do a Christmas special like they used to do back in the 80's. Put a holly wreath mask around the screen edges, wear a festive sweater and smoke your pipe and put a cheap santa's village backdrop behind you. Have special guests, have people from CIG come on your show and do a little interview/do some Christmas caroling on skype. you could even record those up front and play them back during your show for a smooth live broadcast. do like a variety show with gifts and prizes and games and songs.

you CAN play guitar can't you? Well, if not you can fake it.

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
How about a contest to see who can shear both wings off a 300i without dying?

And time it, too. >:D
EDIT: Cursed forums, ruining my beautiful text emotes.

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
Ive been thinking for a while id love to see a few of the CIG guys appear in a stream, I was thinking Chris, Sandi and Ben, you should see if theyre keen ;)

then have an aurora crashing competition with them

the_angry_angel

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
the_angry_angel
  • Collabs with other streamers/content creators, but that predominately stream at different times might be a good idea. Geekdomo, for instance?
  • Do twitch give you anything like analytics? Perhaps mining the data will give you a good idea of your demographic (or one you're missing), and as a result perhaps you could tailor your content more.
  • I'm sure you get bored of SC sometimes. Games that have just come out will draw more people in temporarily - if you pick something that's core to your demo you'll probably get at least some of them to stick around. Elite's going gold soon. That could be a good draw. Maybe an Elite give away?
  • I'd steer clear of the whole SC news thing. That's being done to death. Strat and stats stuff isn't done a whole lot in video form - probably best suited to youtube though.
  • Creating fun meta-games. That's the sort of thing that spreads a name on forums. Hide and seek with viewers/other streamers on skype? Football with an M50 as the ball? Would probably make good montages for youtube and draw in viewers after the first one is posted.
  • Roleplay and narrative. Your characters are awesome. An on-going narrative once a week on a specific schedule could draw in viewers. Might be easier in the PU though :s

BadNewsBaron

Lieutenant
Jun 26, 2014
RSI Handle
BadNewsBaron
  • Collabs with other streamers/content creators, but that predominately stream at different times might be a good idea. Geekdomo, for instance?
  • Do twitch give you anything like analytics? Perhaps mining the data will give you a good idea of your demographic (or one you're missing), and as a result perhaps you could tailor your content more.
  • I'm sure you get bored of SC sometimes. Games that have just come out will draw more people in temporarily - if you pick something that's core to your demo you'll probably get at least some of them to stick around. Elite's going gold soon. That could be a good draw. Maybe an Elite give away?
  • I'd steer clear of the whole SC news thing. That's being done to death. Strat and stats stuff isn't done a whole lot in video form - probably best suited to youtube though.
  • Creating fun meta-games. That's the sort of thing that spreads a name on forums. Hide and seek with viewers/other streamers on skype? Football with an M50 as the ball? Would probably make good montages for youtube and draw in viewers after the first one is posted.
  • Roleplay and narrative. Your characters are awesome. An on-going narrative once a week on a specific schedule could draw in viewers. Might be easier in the PU though :s
These are some great ideas, and the collaboration aspect could be pushed further with the Test / BadNewsGaming folks. I think Domo and the Bearded folks are out of the question now though - he recently removed me from StarCast and Bearded Elite without notice and blocked me on Skype. Dont know why, but I get the strong feeling he and a certain other are thinking in terms of marketshare and aren't happy with my recent surge. (You'd think we were in middle school.)

Dortz

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 4, 2014
RSI Handle
Dortz
Money talks man. There's only so many tips to distribute. The only way to overcome that is to outperform it.

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
It's not great marketing to boot someone off your team because they are good, I'm surtr that they could have come up with a way to cash in on your success...

As for ideas, why not reach out to the top 20 ranked dogfighters/ racers and set up private dogfoghts/races. Would be good to see the best of the best clashing horns. Might be a good way to get thier friends and orgmates to watch and potentially get them hooked?

the_angry_angel

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
the_angry_angel
he recently removed me from StarCast and Bearded Elite without notice and blocked me on Skype
Well that's just sad :( Maybe it was the Great Beard Shaving of 2014?

could be pushed further with the Test / BadNewsGaming folks
You're pretty good at viewer integration now. Getting them in-game, shout outs, and stuff. If you want to grow you'll need your name in larger circles - which is why I was thinking domo, etc. :s

I guess you've got a reasonably good relationship with CIG. Might be worth seeing if they'll sponsor more of your giveaways, or see if they'd be willing to provide a kickback when someone buys a ship/package in your stream? Dangerous precedent on their side, but if you don't ask you don't get and all that.

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
I guess you've got a reasonably good relationship with CIG. Might be worth seeing if they'll sponsor more of your giveaways, or see if they'd be willing to provide a kickback when someone buys a ship/package in your stream? Dangerous precedent on their side, but if you don't ask you don't get and all that.
I like that idea!

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
These are some great ideas, and the collaboration aspect could be pushed further with the Test / BadNewsGaming folks. I think Domo and the Bearded folks are out of the question now though - he recently removed me from StarCast and Bearded Elite without notice and blocked me on Skype. Dont know why, but I get the strong feeling he and a certain other are thinking in terms of marketshare and aren't happy with my recent surge. (You'd think we were in middle school.)
Take their blocks as a compliment to your success.

Reactions: CrashMan054

UbEcLoWn

Space Marshal
Jun 13, 2014
RSI Handle
UbEcLoWn
You should definitely to continue having handsome, funny and beardy callers like me on the stream. I'm sure your recent surge in popularity can be attributed to that. :)

Reactions: the_angry_angel
Forgot your password?