Bored Games

Kiladyn

Vice Admiral
Dec 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Kiladyn
Oh wow... sooo many. Killer Bunnies is a great one, so is Dead of Winter. Quelf is great!!! We own soo many, we probably own over 20 games.

Reactions: Printimus

GarikDuvall

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 3, 2018
RSI Handle
Garik_Duvall
Haven't played any in long time. Back in the day I used to like Diplomacy and Risk.

While not sure if classified as a board or card game, I found One Night 'Ultimate Werewolf' to be a lot of fun. Uses various character cards and players have to figure out who among them is the werewolf(or wolves) before time runs out. You have audio track you listen to on phone/computer that gives you instructions. Great social game.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Oh wow... sooo many. Killer Bunnies is a great one, so is Dead of Winter. Quelf is great!!! We own soo many, we probably own over 20 games.
Quelf sounds pretty silly, might look into that one!
Haven't played any in long time. Back in the day I used to like Diplomacy and Risk.

While not sure if classified as a board or card game, I found One Night 'Ultimate Werewolf' to be a lot of fun. Uses various character cards and players have to figure out who among them is the werewolf(or wolves) before time runs out. You have audio track you listen to on phone/computer that gives you instructions. Great social game.
I've played that at a friends house! It was pretty fun. Very deceptive.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
I used to really enjoy Stratego, but it has been so long since I last played it I don't remember how to.

Reactions: Printimus

Sraika

Space Marshal
Nov 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Sraika
i play quite a few, actually

munchkin is hilarious
settlers is good
small world and kingdom builder are both really solid
dominion is amazing in that you can tailor the game for very different playstyles
7 wonders is one of my favourites
love letters is pretty decent
any time of trivia game im generally down for, tho obviously there are several im terrible at
anomia is one of those interesting word game thingys
same with codenames
i could keep going lol

also that's not counting any of the various card games we play
(most often a slight variant of president - we used to play it on lunch break every day at work)

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
So all the expansions?
All the expansions, including Harry Potter, and half a dozen failed "alternatives". I bought the game for my wife, but we had two teenage daughters at the time (now adults who still compete for who can buy the most Cards expansions). Now though, they also buy Pop! figures. We have enough of those that someone could build a relatively large house out of Pop! figures.

My kingdom for a lighter that works... My wife bought me a shirt that says that.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan

heh, I remember playing diplomacy back in high school. We actually made a world map version of it as well, making it US, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Japan, China, South Africa, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, Argentina, Turkey, India, and Persia all being playable.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
i play quite a few, actually

munchkin is hilarious
settlers is good
small world and kingdom builder are both really solid
dominion is amazing in that you can tailor the game for very different playstyles
7 wonders is one of my favourites
love letters is pretty decent
any time of trivia game im generally down for, tho obviously there are several im terrible at
anomia is one of those interesting word game thingys
same with codenames
i could keep going lol

also that's not counting any of the various card games we play
(most often a slight variant of president - we used to play it on lunch break every day at work)
Quite the board game player eh?
I still play Pretend you're Xyzzy
Never heard of this one...
Bored games? Nope. Never a dull moment in my life. 😜

But I do play the occasional board game.
Like what?
Besides some of the few above, I also like and have,
Mansions of Madness,
Betrayal at house on the hill,
Castles of Mad King Ludwig,
Forbidden Island,
Forbidden Sky,
Imhotep,
Unstable Unicorns,
and Vast
to name a few
Which is your favorite?

Reactions: Sraika

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
Catan is great! I’m a big fan of The Resistance, really fun if you enjoy spy novels and such.

(Shadowrun is still the best tabletop)

Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?