BOTH HANDS ON THE WHEEL

LooneyB

Commander
Oct 15, 2014
RSI Handle
Bandito
Anyone else fly with mouse in left hand joystick in the other? I just played for about an hour with this setup and I'm really enjoying what it has to offer.

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
My left hand is incapable of doing anything except WASD. I feel it'd be too awkward to try to use together. I'll stick with HOTAS

Reactions: JoeCool4433

Skoots

Lieutenant
Nov 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Skoots
I have a CH pro setup with TIR5, you will not be disappoint. If you or anyone else that doesn't want to drop the 150 for Trackir, there's a way to use a ps3 eye with a home made filter and LEDs with free track. It is a pita to set up though.

Timarien

Commander
Nov 2, 2014
RSI Handle
Timarien
I'm trying to save up for a Saiktek x55. But a friend of mine owns a old joystick, maybe gonna try the HOJAM (you have now coined that captain) soon.

Captain Easy

Commander
Nov 19, 2014
RSI Handle
captaineasy
Logitech pro 3d joystick for my right hand with a G13 gamepad on the left. Allows me to never remove grip on the stick while giving me complete keyboard and mouse functions on my left hand... without ever needing to take my eyes from the screen. This setup will work well with the virtual headset I will eventually purchase.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
x52 HOTAS modded for increased responsiveness, but it's getting replaced very soon. I have a Thrustmaster Warthog and Saitek Combat pedals on the way.

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard

I spent a week using a Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X on my stream to get a feel for it and overall, I was kind of digging it for racing, but not for dog fighting. I like the throttle control, but I just couldn't get used to the imprecise aiming with the new targeting system. Also, this HOTAS lacks a joystick thumb button, which is exactly where I want a dedicated missile button. I picked it up on sale for $30 from Microcenter, so I still consider it to be a good and cheap introduction into the world of HOTAS.

I think I'm going to continue being a K&M fighter for now, but for cruising the stars in bigger ships, this HOTAS will be my go-to controller.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Is... Is that not a thumb button right there in the middle? You know, in your screenshot? I'm pretty sure I see two thumb buttons.

EDIT: it occurs to me that you might be referring to the side-mounted thumb buttons that sticks like the warthog and X55 have. Is that what you're talking about?

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Yeah, a side-mounted button for missiles. Not having a thumb button there just feels like a waste of space and...wrong. ;)

Forgot your password?