Carrack

The Woodsman

Lieutenant
Jan 4, 2015
RSI Handle
The Woodsman
I want a Carrack but I don't think the amount of time that I have to devote to the game will justify the purchase, that is, if they ever put it up for sale again.

I currently have a FL DUR, but I long for the sub cap ship that has a med bay and proper escape pods and a rover and a support launch.....

The Carrack represents everything I've imagined my ship would be, I would upgrade the shields to the a class 7 if possible and jack the generator and guns up a far as I could.

If I were to offer a buyin/share within the org, how would that work, I've never gotten very deep in guild/org operations so I don't know if there mechanics, outside of trust, that would keep someone from running off with a $300 ship.

UPGRAY3DD

Vice Admiral
Donor
Jan 26, 2014
RSI Handle
UPGRAY3DD
Hey man, i'm in the same boat. I'd throw down 100$ to share a carrack. Star Citizen is also the first time i've ever been involved in a gaming org, so I hear ya. If we get a third, i'd be on board to share a piece of ownership with a carrack. The big question is, how are you gonna get one? Unless you want to brave a black market, we might have to wait a while...

Overlord

Captain
Nov 30, 2014
RSI Handle
OVERLORD_COOPER
Hey man, i'm in the same boat. I'd throw down 100$ to share a carrack. Star Citizen is also the first time i've ever been involved in a gaming org, so I hear ya. If we get a third, i'd be on board to share a piece of ownership with a carrack. The big question is, how are you gonna get one? Unless you want to brave a black market, we might have to wait a while...
I'm pretty sure they will have Carracks on sale when they come out - they have had sales for all ships released. So you can own one long before the PU is up and running. Knock wood.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
We have quite a few Carracks already. If you're looking to share the ship with people I'm sure you won't have any problems doing that for free.
Not to mention, I think we managed to finance the org Carrack, so there should be one if for some reason you can't find someone else who wants to take their Carrack out and needs a crew.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
maintaining an up-to-date inventory of the Test fleet: hopeless

CIG should give us an API to query members' hangars in realtime

C

CaptainHavoc

I have a Carrack, and I'm going to let it sit in my virtual hanger.

The Woodsman

Lieutenant
Jan 4, 2015
RSI Handle
The Woodsman
Let's see if there is a sale in the future, keep in touch. I keep trying to reign in my impulse to spend more on this game. Some days I'm weaker than others.

That said, if there is an org Carrack, that might be enough of a fix for me. Maybe there will be a way that Test members can earn a commission on a larger org vessel. I think that would be a great mechanic within the org. And if I end up succumbing to the siren call of purchasing a large sub cap ship I hope they figure out a way to show each crew member the expense of running the ship so that the spoils of the journey will be evenly distributed without much argument. I can see this whole multi crew system getting messy and that might just keep me in my FL DUR flying solo.

bryceedmundo

Space Marshal
Dec 20, 2014
RSI Handle
bryceedmundo
Worst case scenario i'll need crew on mine, drunk hooligans will always be welcome. Might even let you borrow Enterprise while im rolling in my Merchantman making the cashmoney for a bigger ship that I can call Enterprise but we'll deal with all that when the Beta drops, you still have a while to wait.

Edit - and hey, the concept Carrack has LTI, so you could pass out at the helm and fly it into a star and it wouldn't even be a thing!
Edit 2 - maybe i'll call it Voyager...

Reactions: The Woodsman

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
We should really get a forum thread up about who has what multi crew ships so people can get in touch with owners if they're interested in crewing together.
We currently have a survey set up for the TEST fleet. Right now, it's somewhat up to date, but when the game comes out, it will be very hard to keep up. CIG has a fleet view tab on org pages, hopefully that will include an API when it's done.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Currently the Test Fleet includes a community owned Carrack (amongst other ships). I'm also in the same boat (or in this case.. the same without a boat) in I wanted a Carrack; but couldn't see the time able to play the game to be worth spending real life money on it. I have yet to really even get a true "exploration" vessel and may end up settling for a Freelancer and make the Carrack my in game goal....

As everyone else already mentioned.. you can crew on theirs or of course the Test owned Carrack (with the mission to explore new pubs and seek out new alcoholic concoctions... to boldy be drunk where no man, woman, or all the above has ever been drunk before..). Going to be a big Verse... and we need all the drunken explorers we can to get out their and to name things with some f'ed up names or ones with hidden meanings to get by CIG's approval board.

Reactions: The Woodsman

The Woodsman

Lieutenant
Jan 4, 2015
RSI Handle
The Woodsman
Okay, so unless I break, because . . . . I'm weak, I'll hold off on a Carrack.

Finding stuff and giving them effed up names is why pledged, that and pirate hunting ;)

The Woodsman

Lieutenant
Jan 4, 2015
RSI Handle
The Woodsman
Shit, i just got a bonus at work . . . . good thing the Carrack isn't for sale . . . . . . I like the Redeemer too . . . resisting the buy . . . .

Forgot your password?