Caterpillar chopping

Zadig

Space Marshal
May 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Dreadmort
Hi pals,

The latest ATV mentioned the length of the caterpillar will be fairly modular provided it ends with the front module, so for one million credits the question is: do we have any info on the max/min numbers of modules we want to fit onto the caterpillar?

Also does anyone believes it could en up being much faster for a large ship should we remove modules 1 to 4? I've read the brochure but found no details on the weight of each module...

Cheers

SweetDee

Vice Admiral
Jan 7, 2017
RSI Handle
SweetDee
The 15 module comment was proven as false in yesterday's Happy Hour, so its 4 modules plus the front cargo module.

I do not know if you will be able to run less than 4, but if/when modules come out maybe you can just not equip them to your Cat. I'm going to assume its more of a ship component, therefore you cannot remove one module and be able to spawn the ship.

Crichten

Admiral
May 23, 2017
RSI Handle
Im_batman
use cats as gun ships sound like so much fun. cats with all modules as broadside gun turrets would fit a destroyer type role that we are missing from the capital ships in the game
I think if you wanted to use such wonderful toys you may have slight powertrain problems. Maybe have 1 unit of guns requires 1.5 sections of power.
Means you could only have 2 guns and need the other 2 units to be a power supply.

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
I'd love to see something crazy like modules you can dock a Buccaneer in. Load up 3 of those modules and you and your friends can go plundering booty all day long.

Or a module that replaces all the current modules, same length as the current 4 plus the front one. The front module still opens the same way but reveals not one large cargo hold, but a giant capital ship rail gun. It would be called the Megatron module.

Forgot your password?