Caterpillar Pirate Edition

littlej0e

Grand Admiral
Donor
May 3, 2019
RSI Handle
littlej0e
Anyone know if it is still possible to unlock the caterpillar pirate skin? I've completed the pirate and vanduul swarms, in both single-player and online modes, but I still can't access it. I didn't get the "caterpillar pirate skin is now available" notification when I complete the swarm(s) and there doesn't appear to be an upgrade option in my account. I'm apparently not getting the display titles either...

Has the ability to unlock the the skin/titles been removed from the game or am I doing it wrong?

Last edited:

SoftWayback

Lieutenant
May 8, 2019
RSI Handle
Softwayback
The Caterpillar will be on sale during the next anniversary sale, buy it then. Every so often when a Drake ship is in concept or Talk Like a Pirate Day is going on they sell it as well AFAIK.
When the anniversary sale is ? Would like to buy a normal caterpillar...

littlej0e

Grand Admiral
Donor
May 3, 2019
RSI Handle
littlej0e
You can get the patch by beating the swarm, and that will let you buy the Pirate Cat during the next sale the Cat is available. Love my Pirate Cat
That's what I thought but I've run through pirate swarm multiple times, in both single-player and online multi-player, and still haven't gotten the patch. I'm going to submit a ticket and find out what's what.

littlej0e

Grand Admiral
Donor
May 3, 2019
RSI Handle
littlej0e
You can only buy the Pirate Caterpillar when it is for sale in the store. It's a separate ship too, unfortunately, so it's fairly rare.
Understood regarding the pirate skin, but I'm not getting the display title/badge for completing it either. Maybe I need to use a different ship?!? I submitted a ticket to get to the bottom of it.

Regardless, thanks for all your help O-Lefty. Sincerely.

Last edited:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Like more said before, you don't see anything, but when the Caterpillar is for sale, you also will get an option to buy the Pirate version. The same works for the Glaive. For me it pops up every year. 2 years ago I bought a 60 months Glaive, last year I switched it for a 72 months Glaive.

Forgot your password?