Channged minigun to M7A on my warden and i'm regretting it

PeppaPigKilla

Admiral
Sep 15, 2019
RSI Handle
PeppaPigKilla
After grinding to its 85k price I went and fit a M7A on my warden and its not good, it looks good but wow does it suck ( in my hands ) what should i replace it with. I'm barely hitting anything

Didn't know it was fixed too :(

Squadron 42 - Star Citizen Screenshot 2019.10.03 - 11.52.58.82.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Blind Owl

Zaxxon

Commander
Aug 28, 2019
RSI Handle
Zaxxon
I really like the M7A on my Warden. However only when I am up against something like a Constellation or Caterpillar, even a Valkyrie depending on who is flying it.

Due to the chances of having to take down smaller and faster ships like Cutlasses or other Vanguards, I tend to go for the CF-557 Galdereen as it has a higher rate of fire so for fixed sights there is more chance of a hit landing.

The trouble is that with the current state of gimbals, I tend to fly a ship with gimbals more often as although I love the Warden, it is out-classed by most gimbals ships.
I am sure they will balance it all out whilst they get more feedback from combat.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
After grinding to its 85k price I went and fit a M7A on my warden and its not good, it looks good but wow does it suck ( in my hands ) what should i replace it with. I'm barely hitting anything

Didn't know it was fixed too :(

View attachment 13895
I
I really like the M7A on my Warden. However only when I am up against something like a Constellation or Caterpillar, even a Valkyrie depending on who is flying it.

Due to the chances of having to take down smaller and faster ships like Cutlasses or other Vanguards, I tend to go for the CF-557 Galdereen as it has a higher rate of fire so for fixed sights there is more chance of a hit landing.

The trouble is that with the current state of gimbals, I tend to fly a ship with gimbals more often as although I love the Warden, it is out-classed by most gimbals ships.
I am sure they will balance it all out whilst they get more feedback from combat.
I also run with the 557. I find the M7A overheats too much.
The current bug with fixed is annoying, but it still kills most things.

Reactions: Bambooza and wmk

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
The galdreen is an absoloute beast.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Gimbal assist was the highlight of 3.5 & 3.6. Whatever they did to get that in-game, totally fucked fixed weapons (and they were pretty broke before, with ESP being all goofy).

Back in 3.4, my Warden with a M7A was fantastic, doing bounties and sniping targets 2500m+ ... now, you could not hit the broad side of an asteroid with one.

Stick with gimbaled weapons for the time being, until you hear that fixed weapons are, uh, fixed.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I was going to say that. The fewer changes the less it costs to replace too. The thing I'm cuious about is what to do with the 6 S2 slots. It will be interesting in 3.7 to see if we can split the 4 S2s in the nose with different types. Or is that too much to hope for?

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
The Revenant is a Ballistic Gattling. The 447 is a cannon--fires much slower.

You can compare them and their stats here. Just load the Hoplite or Warden.

IIRC, what you're calling the "447" the Hardpoint calls the original title, which is the C-788 Ballistic Autocannon. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

The Revenant also has the huge advantage that its projectiles are MUCH faster to target. To shoot faster you have to use a larger weapon. That means shorter leads, and more hits. The down side is it depleats its ammo in half the time of the Autocannon. The huge up side is when you lose your bird you don't need to pay for a gun replacement. Also the Gattling has about 75% greater range.

PeppaPigKilla

Admiral
Sep 15, 2019
RSI Handle
PeppaPigKilla
The Revenant is a Ballistic Gattling. The 447 is a cannon--fires much slower.

You can compare them and their stats here. Just load the Hoplite or Warden.

IIRC, what you're calling the "447" the Hardpoint calls the original title, which is the C-788 Ballistic Autocannon. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

The Revenant also has the huge advantage that its projectiles are MUCH faster to target. To shoot faster you have to use a larger weapon. That means shorter leads, and more hits. The down side is it depleats its ammo in half the time of the Autocannon. The huge up side is when you lose your bird you don't need to pay for a gun replacement. Also the Gattling has about 75% greater range.
ok sweet, i'll grind some bounties to get it

Forgot your password?