Check on your friends from jacksonville.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
They blurred out the video, but what you see are two guys playing, then for a brief moment you see a dot from a laser sight on the guys chest before the video cuts out and you hear the shots being fired.

There is a serious need for improved mental health facilities in this country.

Terribly sad day for all the victims, it was supposed to be fun day gaming!

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
They blurred out the video, but what you see are two guys playing, then for a brief moment you see a dot from a laser sight on the guys chest before the video cuts out and you hear the shots being fired.

Yes, we need more mental health facilities and treatment, but, my question is: Is being an asshole a mental illness? We just had this McSkillet guy kill himself & two other people by driving the wrong way on the 805 in San Diego. If you are depressed you kill just yourself, if you are an asshole, you get all butt-hurt about how other people did something to you and you try to get back at "the world" or others before taking yourself out. This Jacksonville perp and that McSkillet guy were just out and out criminals.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264

I agree with the need for more mental facilities but were people in america always this bad or is there something else that parents or society are doing which is increasing the amount of incidents like this or screwing people's minds up making them think this is a good idea or something. It's just issues with society these days amoung other things and it's creating unhealthy people.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I agree with the need for more mental facilities but were people in america always this bad or is there something else that parents or society are doing which is increasing the amount of incidents like this or screwing people's minds up making them think this is a good idea or something. It's just issues with society these days amoung other things and it's creating unhealthy people.
This really is an interesting question. I have to wonder how much of this is a change in social issues, how much is media attention and how much is a narrative. Especially when you compare it to news that is just as if not more horrific but does not leave the local news as seen below in a google search on Chicago Drive By. In truth I do not think you can go into any hospital in any medium to large city and not see the aftermaths of people just being pure assholes to each other. And so while the events of Jacksonville are indeed horrible especially give most of us if given the chance would have loved to have gone and participated at such a gaming event, that its media attention is not because of its one off air plane crash like traumatic but because it fulfills a social narrative. How better to continue to rally the pitchfork brigade then to cherry pic stories that whip them up into a frenzy, and ignore the stories that do not fit, even if the bigger narrative might lead to a more correct response.

chicagoDriveByGoogleSearch.jpg

Forgot your password?