Chemist by day, WereDoge when the moon is such full.

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
Hello! I'm Alex, been a redditor for almost 2 years.

I'm currently at U of Michigan, so I don't have a massive amount of free time, but a lot of what I do have, I spend enjoying PC games, especially during the cold winter months.

As far as my gaming history, I started out on the Monkey Island games, and loved Jedi Knight since I was a huge Star Wars fan. When our family got high speed internet, I spent an unhealthy amount of time on Tribes2, doing a bit of modding, and finding myself at home with the Construction community (think of somewhere between Garry's mod and Minecraft). I also fell in love with RPGs and D&D playing Neverwinter Nights.

In undergrad, I played quite a few BioWare games, with Knights of the Old Republic being my favorite. I also did a lot of dorm network play with my hallmates with a heavy focus on Jedi Academy and Serious Sam, but also System Shock 2, and Sins of a Solar Empire. I also played Freelancer, which I loved, but wished that had taken off for online multiplayer.

In grad school, I heavily expanded my Steam library, and have really enjoyed played a lot of RPGs and Sandbox games: Saints Row III and IV, Sleeping Dogs, Borderlands 2, STALKER, and Just Cause 2.

I also played Dungeons and Dragons: Online for two years, and The Old Republic for one year. I got heavily into the grind for both, but ultimately burned out, especially after friends left.

I was hoping an organization that was active and enjoyed out of the box ideas (somewhat akin to goon squad's activities in EVE?) would be a good fit for me!

I look forward to meeting you all and playing this game when it comes out!

This gif has always best described my sense of humor!

Reactions: Azurith

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
I'm so incredibly grateful we didn't have Reddit when I went to University. We had Tetris, but it wasn't quite the same thing.

Welcome, Walex, you sick and twisted man.

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Welcome to TEST :) I am gonna save that gif for later :)

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
Welcome!

It was very easy to get burned out on SWTOR. Especially after you said, "Hey, I know, I'll do another character and it'll be different! Yeah!" which turned into the same thing again and again.

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
Welcome!

It was very easy to get burned out on SWTOR. Especially after you said, "Hey, I know, I'll do another character and it'll be different! Yeah!" which turned into the same thing again and again.
I'm still subscribed on SWTOR... and I haven't logged in for about... 2 months?...

either way, I'm sure I'll get around to hopping back on weeks at a time soon... just right now I'm onto Gran Turismo 6 and War Thunder... and the occasional GRID2 (that I got for free for being a PS+ member back in December) (yes I'm pretty big on cars...... and planes and space! and ships... and Star Wars... and Mass Effect and Sci Fi... which naturally led me to Star Citizen!!!)

Reactions: Walex

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
I'm so incredibly grateful we didn't have Reddit when I went to University. We had Tetris, but it wasn't quite the same thing.

Welcome, Walex, you sick and twisted man.

Haha! I've definitely had days where I spent a little too long reading several AskReddit threads instead of making/testing sensors. The internet can be dangerous to productivity these days!

Welcome to TEST :) I am gonna save that gif for later :)
I have it saved so that I can easily post it. I think google searching for "Some people are just perverts." will also get you too the imgur quite fast. It's such a shame that what they were actually looking at was not as terrible as a lot of things I've laughed at. I remember reading with glee about The Mittani's epic stories from EVE. And when "the insider" disbanded Band of Brothers and threw the entire economy into chaos.

Welcome!

I only finished one character to the 50 cap (before the expansion). I did a dark side sorcerer, which was so much fun. I actually had some difficult decision to make with regards to which choices I thought my character would make in the story.
This was probably my favorite moment:

My second character was an Imperial Agent. I could never decide if I wanted him to be a Republic double/triple agent or the Hand of Darth Jadus. Imperial Agent was the best storyline. Essentially my friends stopped playing, so it was hard to get PvE gear without a guild. PvP gear was also a grind, and I always felt like by the time I got the current top gear a new carrot would be dangled. I felt isolated socially and decided to mostly do co-op on Steam until I could

Or maybe you can join us this saturday for our SSS? Forum link and Reddit link
For Hawken? That looks pretty awesome! I think our pen and paper D&D campaign might have a session, but I will double check. I appreciate the forum link. If not this weekend then soon! I am definitely down for gaming/SSS before 2015 to meet new TEST friends!

I'm going to guess my Star Citizen pilot is going to be a combo of these three:

Is there also a TEST Steam group? There's definitely a lot of games I should play through on there before Star Citizen's release!

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
I'm still subscribed on SWTOR... and I haven't logged in for about... 2 months?...

either way, I'm sure I'll get around to hopping back on weeks at a time soon... just right now I'm onto Gran Turismo 6 and War Thunder... and the occasional GRID2 (that I got for free for being a PS+ member back in December) (yes I'm pretty big on cars...... and planes and space! and ships... and Star Wars... and Mass Effect and Sci Fi... which naturally led me to Star Citizen!!!)
I my last 6 months of SWTOR subscription I definitely was not active. I figured I'd always re-sub if I wanted to play again. But knowing that I'd be miles behind with the new level cap and armor sets has just made me shy away. How easy is it to get into War Thunder? That looked like a lot of fun. I'll admit that sometimes I try new games based on how hilarious Robbaz's playthroughs are of the game.

I can definitely understand how you came to Star Citizen! I'm a little scared about having pledged for Rear Admiral LTI, but I think I'll be able to make the most of it. And also probably join the massive raid fleet of small ships as well! I've seen a few people who have bought two of every ship...including the Idris... so that makes me feel less bad about dropping so much money on a game in the age of Steam sales.

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
I my last 6 months of SWTOR subscription I definitely was not active. I figured I'd always re-sub if I wanted to play again. But knowing that I'd be miles behind with the new level cap and armor sets has just made me shy away.
I know, I hopped on to see what Galactic Star Fighter was like (subscriber early access), and played a couple matches... it was fun and very War Thunder like, as well as being in Star Wars universe... it's really well done! just I need to spend a lot more time on it. I do see where you're at though, there are so many new daily areas and Ops that I really don't want to go through the whole thing again... (I have 3 55s, which is in total 8 toons of each job in both factions) End-game I find is very large-group oriented, which I tend to shy away because of my irregular schedules... so I'm not very "well equipped" other than the stuff I got from grinding commendations... and it's a bit too slow at the moment... GSF is an interesting addition to the game that is completely separate from what they call "ground game" so I may play longer after I get over my GT6 addiction at the moment =b

How easy is it to get into War Thunder? That looked like a lot of fun. I'll admit that sometimes I try new games based on how hilarious Robbaz's playthroughs are of the game.
I really like it sometimes and hate it some other times depending on how well I do... I didn't really think WW2 fighters were this interesting. I actually spent quite a lot of time in the last few months watching WW2 documentaries (was more of a fan of Modern Fighter before, in the likes of HAWX and Ace Combat... but was never really "good") I'm still not THAT good at War Thunder, but I can manage to stay in the middle of the match leaderboard most of the time, if the Matchmaking system works fairly... The game is quite easy to get into, but takes a bit of time to advance in tiers and unlock other planes. They're still in beta, so the progression is subject to adjustment and changes.

I can definitely understand how you came to Star Citizen! I'm a little scared about having pledged for Rear Admiral LTI, but I think I'll be able to make the most of it. And also probably join the massive raid fleet of small ships as well! I've seen a few people who have bought two of every ship...including the Idris... so that makes me feel less bad about dropping so much money on a game in the age of Steam sales.
I was weary at first looking at the cost of the ships available... but eventually I decided to put in 200$ to get Hornet, and an Avenger (because it looked awesome) but within the week, I traded it with an original backer for a Hornet LTI with Ghost Package (which cost the same for the normal Hornet pack) and the LTI Avenger... when the super sale came, I bought an Origin 350R because I always wanted it =b

Munken

Game Master
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
MunkenTEST
... himself to your pie. All your pie belong to Munken.
Often when I help people and they want to repay me with something, I ask them to sign a contract to give me their soul.

You never know it might come in handy someday :D

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
Often when I help people and they want to repay me with something, I ask them to sign a contract to give me their soul.

You never know it might come in handy someday :D
The problem with collecting souls is that when you get enough, someone is going to want to take them from you...

Reactions: Munken
Forgot your password?