Chen got hit by a car

vindslav

Vice Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
vindslav
Hello all.

Just an PSA about the fact that Chen got hit by a car yesterday. Apparently his bicycle could not compete with the power of a car with a daft driver, who didn't check before he turned down a road.

Well, I know he has been to hospital, if anything else emerges I will update, or get the bastard to do it himself.

Regards,
vind, your frinedly neighborhood Night Krew rep.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I've been hit (t-boned) by a heavy duty pickup truck years ago on my bike because I was in a hurry; the driver did not expect me to cross the street that fast.

The impact was, fortunately, not at a sufficient enough speed to inflict any kind of permanent injury.

At the time, I was around 24 years old.

I do not want to reattempt that with this aging body.

Chen, get well soon.

ChenAU

Vice Admiral
Dec 8, 2014
RSI Handle
chenau
I am ok physically, however The driver is starting to ask for money to repair his car. I'm not quite sure how everything is going to pan out. as a student with no real income. So far I have started to take precaution like getting a checkup with the doctor, witting a recount of the events that happend linked here, seeking legal advice and confirming with the thirdpartys that he did say "I was not looking left" (in the blind spot that i was in).

Snakey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jul 15, 2015
RSI Handle
SNKYGMG
I am ok physically, however The driver is starting to ask for money to repair his car. I'm not quite sure how everything is going to pan out. as a student with no real income. So far I have started to take precaution like getting a checkup with the doctor, witting a recount of the events that happend linked here, seeking legal advice and confirming with the thirdpartys that he did say "I was not looking left" (in the blind spot that i was in).
Im not a law person, so excuse my language

Tell that **** that he can get a pair of ******* Glasses from specsavers, smash out his windows and learn to fucking drive.
He didn't check when going down a road, he can pay for the damages. Who in the fuck has the audacity to run someone over and bitch about their car. What an absolute ****.

Censored to remove [CONCERN]

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
Chen first of all go back and try to get everyone's contact including the police officer. Get a witness statement from every one of them, even if they didn't see the accident what they saw afterwards, ask them to be detailed as possible, get their contact information. If the person is pressuring you to pay, tell them you want to contact with the police officer first so you can get a copy of the report. If they keep contacting you then contact the filing officer and say you told them you were awaiting the police report/legal advice and told the person. This will buy you some time to get legal advice, and if they are harassing you it will put the cops on the offensive and not you. Also get a physical report from the paramedics so that your statement about how far you were in the lane when you got hit can be confirmed, that way driver can't say it was your front wheel or something but a full t-bone. ask police if any surveillance camera's are in the intersection. Ask the shops around there if any cameras view that street. This will give you more evidence and 3rd party view that hasn't been tampered. Be nice to the person that hit you, during meetings with police/attorney/witness if you maintain your cool and he does not it will work in your favor. do not be smug, just simply chen.

Your report, do not put your brakes were not braking fast enough and such, they will think you did not properly maintain your bike. Do not make it sound like any part of it could have been yours. Your bike was in working condition. Be confident, do not use maybe/supposed to/i could have etc, you saw the car and stopped as much as you could. short and sweet.

Edit: And remember TEST has got your back, we are family. You can get through it, and we will help.

Forgot your password?