CIG issues

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Looks like CIG is having issues. They announced they are having delays with their server and launcher....possibly a DoS or just something happening on their system.

twitter link

UPDATE 14:57 EDT : It looks like CIG has taken their servers offline. (503 service unavailable error)
UPDATE 15:19 EDT: the error has changed to 403 Forbidden. Not sure is this a prelude to them bringing the servers back up, or just another issue.
UPDATE 17:21 EDT at 16:45 - Site Maintenance still ongoing. Intermittent access to the RSI Launcher & Website is expected as work continues.

https://support.robertsspaceindustries.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036736374-2019-10-11-RSI-Platform-Services-Disrupted

I was on spectrum when it went down at 9:59. 10:00 was when they pushed the updates and everything went to hell.

I suspect they may have made a mistake in the programming, too many people tried to get online and overtaxed their servers, a DoS attack or some combination of the above (maybe a resource intensive webpage plus a bunch of people trying to access it). Unfortunately, we have no way of really knowing.

I will try and keep this thread updated as I find out more.

Last edited:

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Looks like CIG is having issues. They announced they are having delays with their server and launcher....possibly a DoS or just something happening on their system.

twitter link
Thanks, I just tried signing in and was wondering why my launcher was bonkers and not giving me any options to go to the PTU or Live.

I was all ready to blame the M$ patch which just disrupted all my default settings, lol!

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Just tried to sign in, had the same issue. Launcher is unusable. Even the web site is really slow to load.

Devil Dog Hog

Space Marshal
Jan 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DevilDogHog
Looks like we've upgraded to 403 now, woot!
Its like a count down timer... 503 . . . . 403 . . . 303 . . . 666. . .
Wait, what?!

Reactions: Bambooza

Devil Dog Hog

Space Marshal
Jan 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DevilDogHog
It’s surprising considering CIG even made a video enticing people to play 3.7. It’s like they’ve got 2 million users but haven’t considered that.
Chris Roberts last year: "Holy crap, we got over two million backers, this is awesome. WOOT!"
Chris Roberts today: "Holy crap, we got over two million backers, this isn't awesome. SHIT!"

Forgot your password?