CIG marketing once again is clueless

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/7/thread/marketing-made-a-mistake-today-on-the-12th-present
12th-day gift a "Reveal" .... nothing "tangible"... no indication of any perk or something showing value comparable to the previous gifts. Way to ruin the mood CIG. It's like opening presents for Hanukkah and after days of interesting and useful gifts the last one being a box of dirt. You could have made it a unique paint for the new bike, like the other gifts, to not spoil the mood. Like seriously, is the person who decided "yea, let us make the last gift a reveal" even opened presents IRL before? Have a family? Understand basic PEOPLE? Imagine giving anyone in the last present just a plain box with a single note inside saying "I'll tell you about something later, for now, enjoy this piece of paper... hope you like it as much as that knife I gave you."..... Get real.

Appreciate the free skins and knife and badges, cool, but don't make the crescendo/climax a useless box of dirt.

After COVID, if CIG does concierge dinners again, this is something I'm bringing to everyone's attention. The massive DISCONNECT from the consumer base pulse and their marketing "experiments" which outcomes are blatantly obvious to any normal human being on the damn planet. Like serious, who sits in an office and thinks this is a good idea for a 12th present? F off. I'd rather have no 12th present. Just make a post about an upcoming bike for sale and be done with it. Don't play with my feelings as a consumer.... you {insert explicit word of choice here}.

Rant over.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
LOL, I would have thought at least something like 5% off coupon to use on a Cutlass Steel or the new bike would have been a cheap and easy way to make everybody feel that this last day was something special.

CIG, I am available if you are hiring.

Rodo1jub

Captain
Dec 8, 2021
RSI Handle
Rodoljub
Oh.... Hehehe
Didnt see anything more stupid as a final gift for some event.....anywhere

But it is still not the worst "present" in this 12 day event. Day 06 is still worse.
I have in my hangar item called sneak peak 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
What can i do with it? Spread it on bread and eat it? I can not even hang it on a wall.

Sneak peak 😍😍😍

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Agreed, even started a post about it on Spectrum.

I was betting that the Steel was either going to come in right *under* the Ares, so that people would have to melt it to get the credit to buy Steel, or just above it so that they would have to CCU up to it. As more and more people bitched about the Ares, I figured CIG was going to see about having people melt it, lol.

Really, the Steel is just a cut-rate (i.e., DRAKE lol) Valkyrie, and that is $375, so $235 is a good deal for this bad boy.

GrumpyCat

Space Marshal
Dec 17, 2014
RSI Handle
SofiyaPavlovena
I got suspended from spectrum for posting this:

Haha I can hear the internal discussion...

Lore Expert : "So if we give them a Banu knife as the finale, it would really tie up the whole spirit and meaning of Luminalia!"

Designer : "I can make a really cool one with an animated gem!"

Marketing : "But how will we make selling our new bike the main reveal? No, make the bike jpeg the finale!"

Everyone : "But... that has nothing to do with the eve..."

Marketing : "We'll make loads of money" walks off

Daak Gelrin

Grand Admiral
Donor
Feb 17, 2020
RSI Handle
Daak
I honestly don't even care for the free skins since I don't have any of those ships. Rather they give me random stuff like in-game plush toys and guns....lots of guns.
I'm of the same opinion, and why for the love of all that's holy did they give out multiple caterpillar skins?? Why not, I don't know, a different ship skin...

KuruptU4Fun

Vice Admiral
Dec 10, 2021
RSI Handle
KuruptU4Fun68
no indication of any perk or something showing value comparable to the previous gifts.
What did you expect other than free crap like they give you at these imaginary events that are also in other games like Destiny?

They gave the equivalent of a monetary gift between $10-$30, not anything more than what range you'd spend on a secret santa gift for a company party.

Last edited:

GrumpyCat

Space Marshal
Dec 17, 2014
RSI Handle
SofiyaPavlovena
Conspiracy theory time: They priced the Steal this high so we wouldnt buy it, and only die hard Drake fans would

Hear me out. If you follow the train of thought that CIG made this dropship REALLY for NPCs and thats why its so weak (cause you as the player need to be able to shoot it down), then it makes sense that they priced it high enough where the general public wouldn't buy it therefore not arguing forever about it needing a buff. Only die hard drake fans who would spend $210 on the ship would buy it, and they would be more ok with it sucking.

Lawl

KuruptU4Fun

Vice Admiral
Dec 10, 2021
RSI Handle
KuruptU4Fun68
I'm of the same opinion, and why for the love of all that's holy did they give out multiple caterpillar skins?? Why not, I don't know, a different ship skin...
Older ships might have been at a point where they couldn't have hexcodes attributed to them until they had a recent development pass maybe? Haven't seen the Gladiator get any paint love in the store...

Attachments

Daak Gelrin

Grand Admiral
Donor
Feb 17, 2020
RSI Handle
Daak
Older ships might have been at a point where they couldn't have hexcodes attributed to them until they had a recent development pass maybe? Haven't seen the Gladiator get any paint love in the store...
Man I'd love to see the Gladiator get some love! But honestly, I don't care what other ship they could of done a skin for, just makes me shake my head that they did two for the Cat. I don't mind the Cat, but why not give a different ship skin rather than two for the Cat in the same event.

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
CIG, I am available if you are hiring.
No kidding.

In most companies, even a junior marketing employee would know not to hype clients for two weeks with 'free gifts' then end with a major letdown (e.g., a free JPEG of a next sale item). Doh!

A 5% off coupon for the new ride would have been a much better gesture.

Still, it was nice of CIG to share some decent-enough ship skins here or there. They just should have stacked the deck of 'gifts' a bit differently.

Forgot your password?