CIG PAX Party - Boston, MA - Organization Thread (March 7th)

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
Hello all!

CIG is hosting their "Party Event" again in Boston for PAX East. This is located at the Royale Club in Boston. YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO HAVE PAX TICKETS FOR THIS EVENT. IT IS COMPLETELY SEPARATE FROM PAX EAST.

I went last year and am considering going again this year. Last year I would rate a "meh"/10. However, this year may be better. Especially if we have a TEST gathering. If we have enough interest, we may be able to organize something as a group. At the very least, it'll give some people to talk to so you're not standing by yourself for 5 hours.

At the time of this posting, there are 1,084 tickets remaining. $15.

Please note that this is a 21+ event

List of TEST Attendees:
-Egriz (Possible - Meetup organizer if enough interest)
-PaulEPeptide (50/50 - has to drive from NYC)
-Captain Richard

Last edited:

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Bought my ticket for the Boston SC event. Still looking for a ticket to PAX East itself, though. Preferably Saturday or a full weekend pass.

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
Bought my ticket for the Boston SC event. Still looking for a ticket to PAX East itself, though. Preferably Saturday or a full weekend pass.
Are you driving up? That's a long drive!

Hope to see you there.

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Are you driving up? That's a long drive!
Yeah, I made the drive up for PAX last year with some friends. It's not bad, although if none of the same dudes come with me, I might just take the Bolt Bus or Megabus, which is a discount bus that goes from DC to Boston and DC to NYC for about $30 each way. Pretty good deal and the buses have power outlets and Wi-Fi. Might be a good alternative.

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz

Yeah, I made the drive up for PAX last year with some friends. It's not bad, although if none of the same dudes come with me, I might just take the Bolt Bus or Megabus, which is a discount bus that goes from DC to Boston and DC to NYC for about $30 each way. Pretty good deal and the buses have power outlets and Wi-Fi. Might be a good alternative.
Not too bad, best of luck on the trek!

PaulEPeptide

Space Marshal
Dec 20, 2013
RSI Handle
PaulEPeptide

I used to take the bolt every weekend from NYC to Boston and back. It really is a nice ride. The wifi hardly ever works though, so don't get your hopes up about using it much. Also, make sure when you buy the tickets that you register on the website first. If you do, it gives you a higher class ticket and you get to get on the bus first. It's actually kind of a life saver because they tend to oversell the seats and you can run the risk of getting pushed to a later bus.

Reactions: Macabre Poetry

TommyB.

Captain
Donor
Nov 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Reach22
Hello all!

CIG is hosting their "Party Event" again in Boston for PAX East. This is located at the Royale Club in Boston. YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO HAVE PAX TICKETS FOR THIS EVENT. IT IS COMPLETELY SEPARATE FROM PAX EAST.

I went last year and am considering going again this year. Last year I would rate a "meh"/10. However, this year may be better. Especially if we have a TEST gathering. If we have enough interest, we may be able to organize something as a group. At the very least, it'll give some people to talk to so you're not standing by yourself for 5 hours.

At the time of this posting, there are 1,084 tickets remaining. $15.

Please note that this is a 21+ event

List of TEST Attendees:
-Egriz (Possible - Meetup organizer if enough interest)
-PaulEPeptide (50/50 - has to drive from NYC)
-Captain Richard
-TommyB

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard

HUGE friggin' thanks to JBWill for hooking me up with a 3-day pass for PAX East 2015!

After picking up the PAX pass, but not being able to attend this year, he hit me up after seeing my post saying I was looking for a PAX ticket and offered to send it to me. It came in today and I'm now going to get to go to PAX East 2015 and not just drive 16 hours round trip to attend the CIG event. Time for video game overload and SC FPS madness!!!

PRAISE JBWILL AND PRAISE TEST SQUARDON!

Erroll

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Erroll
Just saw this go up. Checking with the wife but hoping I can make it.

I live in the area, sort of. An hour+ drive and a T ride but not to bad.

Reactions: TommyB.

Frisbeerocker

Commissar
May 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Frisbeerocker87
I hope you peons have your TEST shirts already. If I don't see anyone repping our colors, I will be hella pissed.

I'm looking at you, Captain Richard...

Forgot your password?