[CITIZENCON ROLE CALL!!!] Weekend Accomodation for CitizenCon, Manchester in October

CrimsonCyclist

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2014
RSI Handle
CrimsonCyclist
OK so because I saw rooms were quickly being booked out I grabbed one with no booking charge and if need be I can cancel by the 8th of October with no hassle if we can't make up the numbers.

£86 per person for 2 nights together (Friday 9th to checkout on Sunday the 11th) for a 10 Bed Dormitory.

EDIT: They contacted me to let me know that any group bookings of 7 people or more must be payed a week in advance.

That works out at $127.94
for anyone coming from the US or 117.83 Euro for mostly everyone else.

The hostel itself is called Hatters Manchester, located in the city centre.You can check out it's page
here

If you're interested, reply here or pm me on the forums and I'll add you to the room.

Basically the way I see it, if anyone from outside the UK is going over for this, we want to make it into a weekend at least. That way we can get a group of TEST members out for drinks on Friday (and Saturday ;)) or be total (fun) nerds and do board games and stuff in the hostel. And we get a full dorm room to ourselves within a reasonable distance from wherever the event itself ends up taking place.

The interest so far:

- CrimsonCyclist (Going)
- CG Pepper (Going) + 1 Friend (Going)
- Lienna (Maybe)
- Trick Shot Bob (Going)
- Horizonz (Going)
- Munken (Going)
- Mindfart (Going)

Last edited:

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
At the moment I'm going to be staying at my partners parents, but they live in Rochdale, which is going to be a pain to get a taxi to/from and it may kind of ruin the event having to do that, so sign me up as a solid maybe to wanting to possibly go in on a theoretical room!

Oh and if you want nerdy board games then I can provide :D

CrimsonCyclist

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2014
RSI Handle
CrimsonCyclist
Sweet! May I also add this bit of info of the hostel: Free continental breakfast is available from 7am - 10am. <- This is a life saver.

Whittle

Space Marshal
Mar 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Whittle
Courtesy of Horizonz, venue is at Manchester Airport:

The Runway Visitor Park,
Sunbank Lane,
Altrincham,
WA15 8XQ

By the way that Hatters is near the Northern Quarter, you'll enjoy yourselves around there.

Should be easy to get train from Manchester Piccadilly to Manchester Airport. Looking at Google not quite clear if you can just walk to get to the Visitor Park or whether you'd taxi around.

Last edited:
Reactions: CrimsonCyclist

CrimsonCyclist

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2014
RSI Handle
CrimsonCyclist
Ok the hostel contacted me to let me know that if we're booking a group of 7 people or more I'd have to pay the full amount a week in advance.

Now by that stage it may not be a problem for me considering I'm pretty sure I'll be back in a job by next week but we'll see I guess.

CrimsonCyclist

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2014
RSI Handle
CrimsonCyclist
Just bumping this thread as a reminder there are still at least 5 spots open for the taking, reply here or pm me if you want to provisionally book a bed.

Ichiru

Space Marshal
Aug 15, 2014
RSI Handle
Ichiru
Eeek! looks like only expensive hotels are left available now for the Sat night :(. Looks like it'll either be an up all nighter and get first train home in morning or take the car and sleep in it :/. Thats of course assuming am lucky enough to get a ticket.

ROBINSON

Grand Admiral
May 8, 2014
RSI Handle
R0BINS0N
I go down to Manchester often on bizniz. They have a metro train that's generally every 10-15 minutes and really cheap. If people are struggling for hotels look towards Salford Quay/Media City. like 5/6 hotels over that way.

CrimsonCyclist

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2014
RSI Handle
CrimsonCyclist
Ive booked the flight, no way back
Is your friend still coming or is it just your good self?

Eeek! looks like only expensive hotels are left available now for the Sat night :(. Looks like it'll either be an up all nighter and get first train home in morning or take the car and sleep in it :/. Thats of course assuming am lucky enough to get a ticket.
Well if nothing else, if there's a bed free or you need a floor to crash on you're more than welcome in our room.

Forgot your password?