CLOSE YOUR GAMEBAR

Crichten

Admiral
May 23, 2017
RSI Handle
Im_batman
Easy bit of advice I recently 'acquired'.....

Don't use Windows Game bar, you have to actually go into - Settings - Gaming and then make sure this tab is selected to off.

Even if you don't actively use it there seems to be an issue where it bugs something out to all hell.

Shadowscout

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 31, 2015
RSI Handle
Shadowscout
Gamebar causes issues with a few things - last windows update turned it on on my crappy old laptop that I mostly use for work stuff but also play hearthstone and poe and a few other things on. Hearthstone was crashing every 1.5 - 2 minutes until I found all the settings and turned it off.

Really wish Microsoft would stop turning things on when updates run, stupid compatibility telementary was turned back on as well, real tired of turning that off.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I didn't even know what the gamebar was.

Disabled now.

Played SC tonight with a friend still laggy buggy. Game bar disablement didn't change anything :(

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I didn't even know what the gamebar was.

Disabled now.

Played SC tonight with a friend still laggy buggy. Game bar disablement didn't change anything :(
Well, it was worth a try. Better to do something and have nothing happen than not try and continue to suffer unnecessarily.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
What does it bug to hell?

Star Citizen?
Early on in 3.1 I couldn't get into my Aurora without the game crashing. Turning off this game bar thing solved that issue! And probably a few more crashes as well.
While it may seem unrelated, it does bug the game, as it was stated in an official post on Spectrum.

Reactions: Shadowscout
Forgot your password?