TEST armor (yellow/black)
Black armor
Multiple Weapons
Medipack
Food
Drinks

Goal:
Brevity use during session.
Flight in wing formation till engagement.
Fighter - FPS

For AIRMAN (first time with us) we will provide basic training, which means brevity, formation and protocol. It is important that pilots knows what is expected from them during a fight.

Before the event starts, we will gather in TEST Discord #CFT Briefing channel, 20:00 UTC.
During the briefing everybody needs to go to the main menu.
Everybody stays in the main menu until they get a party invite.
Kindly wear official TEST ARMOR, fit at least 1 weapon, medpacks, oxigen,...
Further instructions will be given in the TEST Discord #CFT Briefing channel.

Check your local time:

Guilded:

Reactions: vahadar

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
You know Vahadar, to be honest, until last AC Dogfight Training, I didn't notice that you still need some practice at personal dogfighting skills. I think that exactly that is the power of group fighting. If both groups are a little bit equal balanced, the personal skills don't matter that much anymore, as long as you fight good as a group.

There isn't a thing as a bad dogfighter. It is just a matter of proper training, using the right moves. I mean, @Robilarr always was a challenging Cutlass fighter. During CFT the restriction of missiles didn't come as an advantage for a Cutlass fighter, but when he switched to a 325A, a few good tips on how to use the 325As strengths made him also a challenging 325A fighter.

Reactions: vahadar

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I took your advice and Tai last time so i need to reconfigure my control for the game from scratch (wont do it this saturday though^^), this obviously mean i need to train from zero with a joystick in left hand and using mouse in right hand :)
I never did use left hand my whole life for game controls, i prefer to stroke my stick with my right hand 🥳 woops sounded weird heh

@marcsand2 i really want to train as if i was solo fighter, the best way to train, know your strength and weakness of what you fly, then you can take on more people or know when to run away ;) for now i'm just watching you guys and take good notes hehe

Reactions: marcsand2

Tei

Captain
Dec 8, 2019
RSI Handle
TeiwazWolf
I took your advice and Tai last time so i need to reconfigure my control for the game from scratch (wont do it this saturday though^^), this obviously mean i need to train from zero with a joystick in left hand and using mouse in right hand :)
I never did use left hand my whole life for game controls, i prefer to stroke my stick with my right hand 🥳 woops sounded weird heh
Welcome to the club!
Since 2 days I am relearning to fly as well. Modded my right stick's spring (TM-16000M to be very soft, so now I do not have to fight tension while aiming. Completely new experience.

@marcsand2 i really want to train as if i was solo fighter, the best way to train, know your strength and weakness of what you fly, then you can take on more people or know when to run away ;) for now i'm just watching you guys and take good notes hehe
Practive Vanduul Swarm in AC until you complete it without dying uner 20min. Then switch to Pirate Swarm and repeat. Then do pvp.
Best practice for aiming and flight control there is.

If you want some pvp practice, just catch me on discord.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Welcome to the club!
Since 2 days I am relearning to fly as well. Modded my right stick's spring (TM-16000M to be very soft, so now I do not have to fight tension while aiming. Completely new experience.

Practive Vanduul Swarm in AC until you complete it without dying uner 20min. Then switch to Pirate Swarm and repeat. Then do pvp.
Best practice for aiming and flight control there is.

If you want some pvp practice, just catch me on discord.
I have the T16000M as well, Tei. What are your settings? How are you modding your sticks?

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I started with a Logitech 3D Pro and a G13 with thumbstick on the left for strafing.
Then I switched to an WH HOTAS, digital strafe on a hat. That was a setback compared to the G13 thumbstick
Then I added a second stick for the left hand, immediately sold!!!

Same here. Some people use their sticks to maintain optimal position, which actually is very good, you will rule combat.
I use my stick to fly, flying forward, strafing and drifting in all directions. That makes me more mobile, speed is a defensive power, but my aim and landing hits is less good 😄

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
I started with a Logitech 3D Pro and a G13 with thumbstick on the left for strafing.
Then I switched to an WH HOTAS, digital strafe on a hat. That was a setback compared to the G13 thumbstick
Then I added a second stick for the left hand, immediately sold!!!

Same here. Some people use their sticks to maintain optimal position, which actually is very good, you will rule combat.
I use my stick to fly, flying forward, strafing and drifting in all directions. That makes me more mobile, speed is a defensive power, but my aim and landing hits is less good 😄
Do you fly coupled or uncoupled mostly?

I'm currently flying with two t16000s in a HOSAS setup with rudders. I don't think I'm a terrible flier but I also feel I could do better.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I also use a T160000m fcs, but just the stick, i'm still trying to figure what mapping i should use for the buttons. But if i have to set it left hand for strafing, i really need to figure something with my mouse, an old logitech g402 with 7 buttons or so, so far i used just 3 buttons.

I guess its all about finding a very user friendly control mapping, but since i dont fight much i dont know really what is important and most used for commands during fights. I'll figure it out with you all ;)

Tei

Captain
Dec 8, 2019
RSI Handle
TeiwazWolf
I have the T16000M as well, Tei. What are your settings? How are you modding your sticks?
It is pretty straigforward mod.
Have a looka at this video for general idea -
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NsEpDkFvdU

Zip ties are a bit bulky and I thought they would block stick's movement (see how whole thing inside moves once you remove bottom plate but before you remove spring cover).
So instead I did things a bit differently: first I reduced spring with zip ties, then I used fly-fishing line's backing and tied few loops next to zip ties, then I removed zip ties.
Will need to see if it's durable enough or maybe will need to do some other pass.

Difference is huge, no need to manhandle aiming stick is massive improvement.

I'm currently flying with two t16000s in a HOSAS setup with rudders. I don't think I'm a terrible flier but I also feel I could do better.
IMO decoupled is very situational, I fly 95% coupled.

Pedals are my next improvement, having twist on aiming stick is hard.
Still did not decided if I want to get rudders or racing pedals.

Do you use two inputs for rudders or just one? Which one?

I also use a T160000m fcs, but just the stick, i'm still trying to figure what mapping i should use for the buttons. But if i have to set it left hand for strafing, i really need to figure something with my mouse, an old logitech g402 with 7 buttons or so, so far i used just 3 buttons.

I guess its all about finding a very user friendly control mapping, but since i dont fight much i dont know really what is important and most used for commands during fights. I'll figure it out with you all ;)
I was in similar position in past - not having clue what to map to buttons to be effective.
I looked at some mappings of others to have idea at beginning, that was good to get general idea, but mapping it the same way as others did was a miss.
So I started my mappings from scratch and adjusted it once I got more idea what I use most frequently and where I want to have it for easy access. It's still a work in progress but I'm happy to do some changes from time to time. Usually I end up with few different mappings each patch. If I ever want to go back or change something, it is very easy. But most important thing is that those are my mappings and I remember them intuitively.

I recommend you to start small and then expand - start with essentials (strafes, pitch, yaw, roll, after burner, spacebrake, firing weapons, targetting, countermeasures), once you will be happy with those, add next things that you will need.
Again, chaining Vanduul Swarm is great for iterating on what you need and how you like it.

I strongly recommend using modifier on left sticks trigger. This essentially doubles available buttons. Especially imortant when you use mouse with less inputs than stick.
Additionally it helps to 'hide' some functions, like it is really hard for me to accdidentally lock missiles on you during 1v1 ;)

Here is what I use right now. It's very different to what I started with.
Pink color is with modifier. Single letters are not currently bound to anything (don't use much buttons on base as for some things that I do very infrequently I just use KB).

dual T-16k - SC v3.9.0.jpg

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I recommend you to start small and then expand - start with essentials (strafes, pitch, yaw, roll, after burner, spacebrake, firing weapons, targetting, countermeasures), once you will be happy with those, add next things that you will need.
Again, chaining Vanduul Swarm is great for iterating on what you need and how you like it.

I strongly recommend using modifier on left sticks trigger. This essentially doubles available buttons. Especially imortant when you use mouse with less inputs than stick.
Additionally it helps to 'hide' some functions, like it is really hard for me to accdidentally lock missiles on you during 1v1 ;)

Here is what I use right now. It's very different to what I started with.
Pink color is with modifier. Single letters are not currently bound to anything (don't use much buttons on base as for some things that I do very infrequently I just use KB).

View attachment 15821
How do you set the modifier key in Thrustmaster Target? Do you just record the key sequence using left Alt + stick button or do you define it directly using the dirextX associated number for that button?

Tei

Captain
Dec 8, 2019
RSI Handle
TeiwazWolf
How do you set the modifier key in Thrustmaster Target? Do you just record the key sequence using left Alt + stick button or do you define it directly using the dirextX associated number for that button?
Ii's been ages since I used TARGET (using Joystick Gremlin) but I have vague memory that you just bind Alt or Shift to button.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Ii's been ages since I used TARGET (using Joystick Gremlin) but I have vague memory that you just bind Alt or Shift to button.
I'll take a look at Gremlin, thank you Tei !
edit : Because if i recall correctly i cant set a combo in Target using a keyboard key + a joystick key, when setting the key-command its either a key, a button, a combo of key but Target dont record combo of key+button for joystick, even using the virtual game / keyboard / mouse configurator with DX numbers for joystick button.

Tei

Captain
Dec 8, 2019
RSI Handle
TeiwazWolf
I'll take a look at Gremlin, thank you Tei !
edit : Because if i recall correctly i cant set a combo in Target using a keyboard key + a joystick key, when setting the key-command its either a key, a button, a combo of key but Target dont record combo of key+button for joystick, even using the virtual game / keyboard / mouse configurator with DX numbers for joystick button.
Hmmm I think we are on different pages here...

You setup left joy trigger (or other easily accessible button) to be modifier key (for example Left Alt). That's it.
Then when you do mappings in SC, you press your modifier key and key you want to map.

Hit me up on discord, easier to talk than write.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Ok since we found wuite a problem in the AC quick session last night I've open 2 ticket in the Issue concil, pleasee take a look at them ed venetually confirm them:

Prowler no taking damage

No match score assigned to player if the target have shield:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2

100% coupled.

guess its all about finding a very user friendly control mapping, but since i dont fight much i dont know really what is important and most used for commands during fights. I'll figure it out with you all ;)
I fly with 2 Warthogs. That gives you 1 POV button, 2 4-way buttons and 1 single button on the top, 2 index finger buttons, a 5-way button under your thumb, a pinky button and a pinky flip switch.
Then I still use the throttle and of course rudder pedals with toe brakes.

Right hand: pitch / yaw.
The buttons I use most are:
- trigger
- side 5 way thumb button for hostile targeting
- pinky button for counter measurements
- 1st top 4-way button for scanning
These buttons I don't use often:
- 2nd index finger button for locking missiles, top button for shooting missiles, but I hardly use them
- 2nd top 4-way button for power

Left hand: strafe up / down / left / right
The buttons I use most are:
- 1st top 4-way button for boost / afterburner / brake
- side 5 way thumb button for friendly targeting
- pinky flip switch for comms
These buttons I don't use often:
- 2nd top 4-way button and top button for shields

I still have some room on both sticks for important functions.

Throttle for speed limiter, Throttle, acceleration limiter and all the buttons for PU stuff like:
- landing gear
- get out of seat
- power on/off
- flight ready
- lock/unlock
- open/close doors
- self destruct
- eject
- some more less important stuff

Rudder pedals for roll. The toe brakes for increase / decrease throttle in combination with speed limiter. I made a special function in Joystick Gremlin so I can control speed divided over 5 axis, 2 rotary dials to adjust SCM position and speed limiter reaction.

Pedals are my next improvement, having twist on aiming stick is hard.
Still did not decided if I want to get rudders or racing pedals.
For roll pedals are better. For speed, like I do with the toe brakes, racing pedals would be better.

Forgot your password?