Combat flight training is coming back!

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Back in the old days, when we thought Squadron 42 would be out in 2016, we had a regular and awesome weekly event called CFT.

New pilots would take turns getting shot down by our ace pilots, because thats just how you learn!

I am happy to announce that @marcsand2, @IcaroSP and others are going to be restarting CFT events!

Stay tuned to discord and here for announcements.

PS: Icaro, you suck at propaganda, here, let me make the stupid poster for you!

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Will beer be provided or are these events BYOB?
OK, let's put things straight. CFT is serious business, it is about brevity, formation and protocol. Everybody in a group needs to know what is expected of him/her during operations. Brevity plays a major role, since we fly in a group, so not only you need to know what is expected of you, you also have to make sure that the relevant team members know your situation so they can react accordingly.
Then of course you have group combat, that is when unpredictable things can happen, no script, all get's blurry, people have to report in so your partner and the guy in charge can react accordingly to assist you, direct your wing to hotspots, you know the drill.

Beer however would complicate stuff, you can't think clear anymore, comms get more difficult, people have a hard time to understand you........ this is exactly the situation when it gets real....... YES, beer is served!!! You create a situation more close to real stuff, you learn to do things instinctively, you raise the bar for you and your teammates, best practice ever, during training.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
OK, let's put things straight. CFT is serious business, it is about brevity, formation and protocol. Everybody in a group needs to know what is expected of him/her during operations. Brevity plays a major role, since we fly in a group, so not only you need to know what is expected of you, you also have to make sure that the relevant team members know your situation so they can react accordingly.
Then of course you have group combat, that is when unpredictable things can happen, no script, all get's blurry, people have to report in so your partner and the guy in charge can react accordingly to assist you, direct your wing to hotspots, you know the drill.

Beer however would complicate stuff, you can't think clear anymore, comms get more difficult, people have a hard time to understand you........ this is exactly the situation when it gets real....... YES, beer is served!!! You create a situation more close to real stuff, you learn to do things instinctively, you raise the bar for you and your teammates, best practice ever, during training.
Train how you will fight or you're training how you will die.
CSM Birch (3/75 RGR), 2003

Schmunkel

Space Marshal
Jul 2, 2014
RSI Handle
schmunkel
Any chance this will have multi-crew combat? I am a very mediocre pilot who would love to start off in the verse as part of a crew manning a turret. I have not played in a while, but I have heard the turret gameplay has improved and would love to get a chance to practice.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Train how you will fight or you're training how you will die.
CSM Birch (3/75 RGR), 2003
Full credit should go to Flavius Josephus, who back in the Roman era described the secret to their military success: "Their training was bloodless combat and their combat was bloody training."

Well, that is a modern rendition, see the middle of the second full paragpraph here:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2

Forgot your password?