Daak Seed (EU but plays at night) - Daak-seed
Han Burgundy (?) - Han Burgundy
Accented (?) - Accented
MarcSand 2 (EU) - Marcsand2
? (?) Midnitesky

logo.png logo2.png

[original post]
Ive been watching the legacy instructional series and watched them in action:

I dont care about score or anything, but games get so much better when there is teamwork (for me anyway).

Would anyone be interested in setting up some kind of combatschool for people who want to play the game a bit more competitive?
Do we have anything like that?

Last edited:

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
Im going to move to a new appartment this month but after that I would like to start practicing with some other testies. Im EU based and mostly only on in the evenings.
For now I will test manouvers on rocks

JeffCraig

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 9, 2015
RSI Handle
JeffCraig
I'm very interested in helping from the NA side.

I've watched some of these team-play videos before and have seen how effective they are. Wing and Fleet tactics are going to give a massive edge to organizations that practice them.

Overall strategies are always going to be changing in SC, but the basics will always remain the same. Having ongoing flight-school sessions is probably a really good idea to make sure our Auroras know how to correctly smash into enemy targets :)

I'd love to help compile courses for the following:
  • Basic flight and combat training
  • Wing maneuvers
  • Fleet tactics

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
I have zero experience in these things so any help is appreciated! Moving house the 20th but feel free to set up things in the meantime.

FirstFirst we need a name and a logo ;)

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I'd love to join.
Did I mention I'm a very bad pilot? I'm a bit scared you'll see how bad I am (even by TEST standards) and that you'll kick me out of the org.

JeffCraig

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 9, 2015
RSI Handle
JeffCraig
FirstFirst we need a name and a logo ;)
My name idea:
How about we just keep it simple and call it: Dummies

Logo could just be the Test logo on a Test Dummy:

This is a very rough draft, but I'm sure we have some better gfx guys around here.

I'd love to join.
Did I mention I'm a very bad pilot? I'm a bit scared you'll see how bad I am (even by TEST standards) and that you'll kick me out of the org.
I think you rank up in TEST every time you crash into something, so you'll be fine :)

Part of what this flight school would be for (in my mind) is to get newbies into the fight quickly. I've seen a lot of people intimidated just to step into free-flight in Arena Commander because they don't think they're a good pilot. Once I push them into the pool, so to speak, they realize that it's not so bad and they have a lot of fun.

I'm not the best pilot ever, but I'm always willing to walk people through the basics. A lot of time people just need to know what the keybindings are, and after that they do much better. First sessions would be getting people used to controls. Second session would be explaining advanced modes like decoupling. Third session would be some Vanduul swarm, and teaching some combat basis (avoiding missiles and learning not to drive straight into a swarm of hostiles). These would be part of the basics training course, and after graduation from basics, we'd start getting into more advanced tactics. People could join in on whatever flight sessions that they want, depending on their skill level.

Eventually the goal would be to have a good fighting fleet that can practice and apply the more advanced combat maneuvers and tactics, but there will always be newbies around that need help through the basics.

Last edited:

Daak Seed

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
daak-seed

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
My name idea:
How about we just keep it simple and call it: Dummies

Logo could just be the Test logo on a Test Dummy:

This is a very rough draft, but I'm sure we have some better gfx guys around here.

I think you rank up in TEST every time you crash into something, so you'll be fine :)

Part of what this flight school would be for (in my mind) is to get newbies into the fight quickly. I've seen a lot of people intimidated just to step into free-flight in Arena Commander because they don't think they're a good pilot. Once I push them into the pool, so to speak, they realize that it's not so bad and they have a lot of fun.

I'm not the best pilot ever, but I'm always willing to walk people through the basics. A lot of time people just need to know what the keybindings are, and after that they do much better. First sessions would be getting people used to controls. Second session would be explaining advanced modes like decoupling. Third session would be some Vanduul swarm, and teaching some combat basis (avoiding missiles and learning not to drive straight into a swarm of hostiles). These would be part of the basics training course, and after graduation from basics, we'd start getting into more advanced tactics. People could join in on whatever flight sessions that they want, depending on their skill level.

Eventually the goal would be to have a good fighting fleet that can practice and apply the more advanced combat maneuvers and tactics, but there will always be newbies around that need help through the basics.
Got you covered, just slapped this together :)
crash dummy.png

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Admiral Brannigan and I have found a nice little strategy with My SuperHornet and his Sabre. If its a single target (connie or something like that) The Superhornet Orbits and chips away at the shield. The action also holds the target in place for some awesome jousting attacks by the Sabre. Pretty effective unless you are going up against something small and zippy. I would be interested to see what kind of tactics we all come up with for larger squadrons and whatnot. I am IN

Reactions: Doggen

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
Good stuff guys. At the moment im practicing the moves from the legacy link but it would be more effective to practice them against 'live' targets. I also find myself tweaking stuff all the time after a BR session, surprising how different it is to fly under pressure. Still not sure where to map my roll to ;)

Ideally I think we should group up one night and run through some basic stuff and work from there. I'm also not a very good pilot so im hoping someone with some more experience could show us the ropes

Reactions: supitza

julu

Admiral
Mar 9, 2016
RSI Handle
Lipwig
how about we just setup a date and time, maybe 2 for the different timezones, and whoever is there, we'll open up a private match and fly some 1on1s, for starters.. i'm usually available for a couple hours from 9pm GMT onward, add me in your contacts as lipwig....

Forgot your password?