• Vodka

• Taint

Results are only viewable after voting.

Metal-Muffin

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Metal-Muffin
In the spirit of Star Marine and squad based tactics, has anyone thought- or cared about how comms would work? In lamen, a team leader/ platoon SGT would be getting information on one channel/ radio from higher (TOC) and distribute it to his team mates via a second radio, and someone such as a ground controller would have a third radio to guide air support, and a fourth radio would be used to call for more booze, ect...

Is this something that would need to be implemented in this game? SC seems to have a large enough scope that it'd be a good idea simply for C2 (Command and Control), but how could you implement it in practice? Use mutiple VoIP clients?

In Arma, there was this: http://radio.task-force.ru/en/ that ran on the client side but used one team speak server. Do we have people experienced enough at coding that could make something similar for us? Or will this just be another one of those things that seems better in my head than in practice?

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
I don't think we will need to be that advanced for serious star marine. Though maybe for our RP players this might be a thing.

Reactions: Metal-Muffin

Metal-Muffin

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Metal-Muffin
I don't think we will need to be that advanced for serious star marine. Though maybe for our RP players this might be a thing.
Not for star marine itself, but once the PU comes out and we attempt to take capital ships, or local bars, or have a need for squad tactics to complete a common goal on a massive scale- or am I just wishfully thinking that the game will be larger than that it is planned to be?

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Not for star marine itself, but once the PU comes out and we attempt to take capital ships, or local bars, or have a need for squad tactics to complete a common goal on a massive scale- or am I just wishfully thinking that the game will be larger than that it is planned to be?
A good system would be different channels and the commanders whisper to the other commanders

Forgot your password?