Commander Keen

Lonewollf

Space Marshal
Mar 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Lonewollf
So, with the announcement of the new mobile game of Commander Keen during the Bethesdia show at E3, it made me feel a little nostalgic. I just found all the commander keen games for $0.90 on Steam. Just thought I'd share for those who'd like to do a little bit of vintage gaming!..Enjoy!

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
So, with the announcement of the new mobile game of Commander Keen during the Bethesdia show at E3, it made me feel a little nostalgic. I just found all the commander keen games for $0.90 on Steam. Just thought I'd share for those who'd like to do a little bit of vintage gaming!..Enjoy!
I saw the preview and I gotta say, I wasn't too excited. Maybe I missed something, but it looked like the only thing it had in common with the original was the name. That doesn't change my nostalgia though. That's why I now own them through steam. Thanks for the heads up.

Never played it, whats it like?
It is an old school side scrolling game. There is an early element of a puzzler too. You had to do certain things to gain access to other areas and advance. I ran across it in the shareware days. It's what all of us without a NES were playing on our PC's in the early 90's. It was made by ID, the same company that arguably created the FPS genre a year or two after Keen when they gave us Wolfenstein 3D.

For the most part, the Keen series is a very well made group of games. It holds some very fond memories for many gamers that were in the PC gaming world back in its infancy.

Reactions: Printimus
Forgot your password?