Conan Exiles: Official PvP Server

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Conan Exiles has just released as a Steam Early Access title. (Jan 31, 2017)

[UPDATE 10-Feb] Updated Map and new spawn travel path.

Server Name: Official Server #211

Base location: Very top NORTHWEST of the map. See the pic below for a general idea of how to get there from the starting zone. X marks the spot in the northwest.

PvP: This is a PvP server. We have built what seems to be a very defensible base on top of a mountain. Players regularly invade our claimed territory to farm our resources. We are 100% aggressive toward every other tribe we meet, which means there is regular conflict.

In general this game is about PvP. We've been in skirmishes with other players, little 1v1, 2v2, 2v3 battles so far. At least one tribe has already started raiding other tribes. We're not quite there yet but we hope to be soon.

Whether you want to farm and build, or whether you want to hunt down enemy players, we have a slot for you and will welcome you to the tribe.

How to get to our base:

When you first spawn, the first few hours of the game will be you trying to get to us up in the northwest.

Spend your first few leveling points on a few items that you MUST HAVE to survive the trip: Campfire, Bedroll.

Don't try to rush it. Slow and steady wins the race.

1) Gather the materials you need for a campfire. Build one, then kill some things to get meat, and cook it on the fire.

2) Gather materials you need for a bedroll. Put one near the fire, try to hide it in the grass/weeds/etc so people don't easily see it and destroy it.

After placing the bedroll, YOU MUST INTERACT WITH IT for it to save that as your new spawn point.

3) Once you have food and a bedroll, you are ready to move on. Travel for a little while, maybe 20-30 minutes, and then do it again. Bedroll at minimum, perhaps a campfire if you feel the need. Keep doing this until you reach our base.

Once you get to the base, we can invite you to the tribe and then there is a permanent bed in the base that you can use for respawns.

About the game:

Literally the entire world is starting at the same time. There are no established tribes. Nobody knows what the map is like, or what places are good and what places are not. We will be exploring, starting from scratch, to learn the game, learn the map, etc.

The building in this game is similar to ARK but it looks MUCH MUCH nicer than ARK. These guys really looked at what's good and what's bad about ARK and I think they did an amazing job on the building system, so if you like to gather/build, I think you'll like this game.

How to get onto the server:

With the game NOT running, in Steam click on View > Servers.

With the Internet tab selected in the Servers dialog, click the Change Filters button, and choose Conan Exiles as the Game. Sort the list of 10000s of servers alphabetically. Scroll down until you see "Official Server #211". Right click that, and "Add to Favorites."

Now click the Favorites tab. You should see Official Server #211 there. If it's full, click the refresh button a few times until it is not full.

Once there is an empty slot, RIGHT CLICK it, and choose Connect to Server.

If the game is already running, this will connect you to the server. If the game is not running, this will start the game and connect you to the server.

NOTE: It sometimes takes 30-60 seconds before you see the game actually do anything. The benefit of this method is that as soon as you click Connect to Server, Steam reserves you a spot on the server. The detriment is that the game UI isn't well implemented yet when you use this method to connect, so it's sometimes hard to tell if it worked or not.

Last edited:

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
So I watched some more videos and the AVATARS!!! OMG.

But to fuel the avatars we need to go out and capture enemy players and sacrifice them at our altars.

Honestly that's a sweet mechanic. Sacrifice enemy players, fuel your own religion into a nightmare manifestation that pwns face.

Darkstar

Vice Admiral
Jul 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Lordcat_Darkstar
I'll be there at some point. I'm more of pve type of guy so that's where I'm gonna start. I don't like the idea of months of hard work ending up as dust under some giant silver guys shoe XP

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
To me that's what makes it interesting/worthwhile to do the PVE part - the PVP. The threat of some other group trying to ruin everything means that you not only need to build it up, you need to DEFEND it, which means sometimes going on the offensive to break your enemies down lest they get strong enough to do some real damage to you.

And that is why it's nice to have a large group to play with. When things get destroyed, it's way easier to rebuild. When it's time to go on the offensive, you can do a lot more damage to your enemies.

My $0.02.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
The game is now released on Steam. Downloading now, will update OP after server selection.

Nordberg

Grand Admiral
Apr 20, 2014
RSI Handle
nord_berg
  • downloading now -- ill give it a shot
and now redownloading because steam is a jerk!

Last edited:

Ethreck

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 13, 2016
RSI Handle
Ethreck
Ok, so Official #12 is full at the moment with 70/70 players. Official #62 is 68/70 so we are looking at slim pickin's at the moment.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
It has been really hard to get on the same server. They need to launch a lot more servers so everyone can spread out - they said they're doing that but for now... Not much we can do but wait and keep trying to join.

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
So, I didn't realize it wasn't free. Was under that impression considering its pre-release. Anyways, is it worth buying? You all having fun? I never played ARK for various reasons, mainly aesthetics and theme, but this doesn't give me that vibe. If you all are having loads of fun and without a doubt think it's worth the purchase, please do let me know, I would really appreciate it.

Forgot your password?