Confusing ranks based on posts

B3aT

Space Marshal
Dec 2, 2016
RSI Handle
B3aT
Hello, from what I can understand, the "rank" near the avatar/profile is based on the user's activity. Because the ranks of the Corporation are also military ranked, is very confusing, at least for me. I see lots of rear-admirals but they are actually only a few.
I mean the ranks from https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/TEST/members (don't know if we have an official roster beside that one).

Suggestion make forum ranks with a different scale? I'm sure we lots of cool ideas :))
Crazy one:
"T......" rank1
"Te...."
"Testie"

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent
The forum ranking system awards copious shitposting.

Anyone you see that is a "Staff Member" is in charge of something real. There are a few others who are assigned under those staff people, but none of it is really implemented at this point. When I see a forum rank, I just mentally add "of shitposting" to the end.

Edit: Staff Members AND Division Leaders.

Last edited:

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
There is no confusion. I am a rear admiral. So turn around take your clothes off and show me that rear. That's an order.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
The forum ranking system awards copious shitposting.

Anyone you see that is a "Staff Member" is in charge of something real. There are a few others who are assigned under those staff people, but none of it is really implemented at this point. When I see a forum rank, I just mentally add "of shitposting" to the end.

Edit: Staff Members AND Division Leaders.
:O hey I earned my ducky rank :3

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent
@mromutt you have a yellow banner, so you're a BIG DEAL. Your signature and custom rank also indicate that you have transcended traditional ranks. I live to serve you and your army, my yellow rubber friend. And I think your signature is F#*king sweet.

@BUTUZ: Using you as an example of the rest of us non-banner types, I will address you as 'Rear Admiral of Shitposting,' and drop my pants because I'm only a 'Commander of Shitposting.'

*wanders off with pants around his ankles mumbling about ship sales*

B3aT

Space Marshal
Dec 2, 2016
RSI Handle
B3aT
OK got it, no ranks yet, yellow ribbon means godlike mode.

End transmission.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
OK got it, no ranks yet, yellow ribbon means godlike mode.

End transmission.
You can't end transmission, I haven't chimed in yet. Sheesh. Talky McShitposty Owl dude hasn't had a chance to say nothing of importance about stuff and things.

What, you didn't actually expect a constructive post did you? I'm sober. ;)

Reactions: DarthMatter

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
@mromutt you have a yellow banner, so you're a BIG DEAL. Your signature and custom rank also indicate that you have transcended traditional ranks. I live to serve you and your army, my yellow rubber friend. And I think your signature is F#*king sweet.

@BUTUZ: Using you as an example of the rest of us non-banner types, I will address you as 'Rear Admiral of Shitposting,' and drop my pants because I'm only a 'Commander of Shitposting.'

*wanders off with pants around his ankles mumbling about ship sales*
Gauna surprised me with the banner :D

Forgot your password?