Considering auctioning off my Starfarer Gemini LTI.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Reason: My situation is shitty enough that it's pretty much necessary.

If it raises enough money, I could probably be able to buy a beater of a car and get better access to job opportunities. For instance, there's a bunch of companies in Monroe, WA that need machine operators, but the public transit to there is bad as I am located in Everett.

If I got a car, I'd be able to get over there and work.

Is anyone here interested in bidding for it? If there's enough interest, I may consider doing the auction before the month is up.

Lemme know your thoughts, too.

Elmy

Admiral
Feb 20, 2017
RSI Handle
Elmy-pcc
That sucks man. I wish you the best of luck.
I will say that for the best price for your Gemini. You may be better off selling it on ebay or similar sites where it's overpriced from the start.

What could help is a mention if it's a concept ship or a ccu'd ship for some people.

Reactions: DirectorGunner

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Sorry to read this Nkato, but hopefully you're able to get top dollar for the gemini! Ebay may be the best course of action BUT keep in mind Ebay keeps a large percentage and you have the high possibility of getting screwed. You would (at the end of the day) possibly get more via the subreddit for selling/buying greymarket ships and only sell to established buyers (trade history in flair) who have a paypal verified account.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
What ever happened to the Police Crown Vic auction you were getting your car from?

I_MIKE_I

Space Marshal
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
I_MIKE_I
I'd avoid eBay if I were you, the % eBay takes are really high.

Also, would selling the Starfarer really make a big difference? I don't know the U.S. used car prices...

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
I'd avoid eBay if I were you, the % eBay takes are really high.

Also, would selling the Starfarer really make a big difference? I don't know the U.S. used car prices...
If you go via auction or a used wholesaler (those that work the auctions for dealerships) you can get good cars for cheap. I had a new looking Hyundai, maybe 6 or 7 years old at the time, for $500. I blew the engine (was told I probably warped a crankshaft ring) maybe a year later because I didn't keep up on the oil changes and drove like a maniac thinking it was a race car... I was very young and dumb back then lol.

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
If you go via auction or a used wholesaler (those that work the auctions for dealerships) you can get good cars for cheap. I had a new looking Hyundai, maybe 6 or 7 years old at the time, for $500. I blew the engine (was told I probably warped a crankshaft ring) maybe a year later because I didn't keep up on the oil changes and drove like a maniac thinking it was a race car... I was very young and dumb back then lol.
It's also against eBay TOS to sell digital goods.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
No dont use ebay it's a rip off.

Just put up a price how much you want it for and I bet someone on here will buy it!!

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I'm not sure if anyone would want to buy it at $500. So unless someone shows interest in throwing that much money at me, I'm gonna have to sit on it. :\

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Er well then usually go for $300 so not sure how you expect to get $500?

Elmy

Admiral
Feb 20, 2017
RSI Handle
Elmy-pcc
Er well then usually go for $300 so not sure how you expect to get $500?
That is not entirly correct. The standard starfarer has a price of 300$. the Gemini is at 340$. Guessing this is a concept ship. He may be able to earn 100$ selling it here(unless someone is willing to give more) as it's original price was at 240$. While the standard starfarer was at 195$ if I'm not mistaken

I_MIKE_I

Space Marshal
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
I_MIKE_I
I'm not sure if anyone would want to buy it at $500. So unless someone shows interest in throwing that much money at me, I'm gonna have to sit on it. :\
Well, if you find someone willing to donate for your cause, sure... but I don't think you'd see 500$ for it otherwise.

IMO going for a good deal of a car would have a better chance of success.

Forgot your password?