Constellation Heavy Fighter?

Barthanes

Admiral
Nov 10, 2013
RSI Handle
BarthanesGraves
Ok so we got our cheap ass Aurora LN space cannon fodder.

We got our middle of the road whatever Origin mock up that the 300-1 is supposed to be.

We got our space superiority Anvil hornet.

What about a heavy interceptor? I mean like really heavy, like the Nazi BF-110 and the U.S. P-38 Lighting or one of the countless variants of the Mosquito that the RAF used.

upload_2014-3-27_12-42-51.jpeg

These guys didn't have the advantage of armor or turning radius like some of the single engine fighters of the time.

What they did pack was two engines and a whole lot of horses, and guns lots of guns.
The anvil aerospace fighter has one engine that is a little superior to the aurora LN.
The connie? FOUR. Four fucking engines each equivalent (according to rumor) to an auroras main thruster.

I say TEST strips has some doods strip their connies down to almost bare metal, keeping only the turrets, the weapons, and those four glorious engines. Then upgrade the shit out of those engines and pack more guns onto the ship. I am going to try this, would anyone else be possibly thinking about this?

Oh and ballistic weapon is best weapon.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
You can take my LTI Connie and do this.

Toss out the Merlin, fill it up with missiles and overclock the engines.

McJib

Lieutenant
Mar 20, 2014
RSI Handle
McJib
Why not use the Freelancer or Cutlass? They both look like they could make good heavy fighters.

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777

Azurith

Captain
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Azurith
Why not use the Freelancer or Cutlass? They both look like they could make good heavy fighters.
They are more like light-med in that role. In space a heavy fighter is bigger imo, look at the vanduul heavy fighter O.o

Forgot your password?