• Do it!

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I've been reading and watching videos about the rest of the systems in the Verse and I have decided I shall not start out a pirate. (I'll get there, but not immediately)

There's so much to explore and do that I'm really facinated with the Engineering role of repairing ships and upgrading components.

So I have a Reclaimer. I have enough packages from ships to fully crew it. And I'm super excited about grabbing parts and storing them for later.

Then I watched a youtube series about the solar systems in the Verse...

There's so many places to explore that are currently off limits due to the technology. And here's where the Endeavor comes in. It can not only research new tech, but it has modules to overclocked components, hospitals, drug factories, and exploration modules that would probably rival the Carrack.

Problem is...the price. A full set of modules was $900 last time it was on sale. Although the base ship is the same as my Reclaimer. (i.e. CCU)

Also, I don't think I'll be able to fill out the 16 max crew all the time.

But the ship speaks to me. I really love its style.

So what do you think? Pros? Cons?

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
You should keep the Reclaimer and follow me around

as a terrible pilot, i will need a dedicated repair person

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I'd wait. maybe buy a smaller explorer. Then you can discover wrecks, and use your Reclaimer to salvage. Work your way up to the massive science Endeavor. Just my two cents.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
There's so much to explore and do that I'm really facinated with the Engineering role of repairing ships and upgrading components.

So I have a Reclaimer. I have enough packages from ships to fully crew it. And I'm super excited about grabbing parts and storing them for later.

Then I watched a youtube series about the solar systems in the Verse...

There's so many places to explore that are currently off limits due to the technology. And here's where the Endeavor comes in. It can not only research new tech, but it has modules to overclocked components, hospitals, drug factories, and exploration modules that would probably rival the Carrack.

Problem is...the price. A full set of modules was $900 last time it was on sale. Although the base ship is the same as my Reclaimer. (i.e. CCU)

Also, I don't think I'll be able to fill out the 16 max crew all the time.

But the ship speaks to me. I really love its style.

So what do you think? Pros? Cons?
Sounds like you want a Crucible, a Reclaimer AND an Endeavor. You want a Crucible so you can repair stuff. You want a Reclaimer to salvage components and scrap whatever debris is left over. Then you want an Endeavor to overclock those components for resell if they are intact and survive the process.

The Carrack is purpose built for exploration, the Endeavor has many drawbacks to its ability in that area and limited to the telescope for that purpose. Could get some pretty pictures though.

I have enough packages from ships to fully crew it.
You have character slots to make NPCs if you want. You still have to pay them a wage. CR isn't letting people get a free ride on that. Not sure if you thought they were free crew or not.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Sounds like you want a Crucible, a Reclaimer AND an Endeavor. You want a Crucible so you can repair stuff. You want a Reclaimer to salvage components and scrap whatever debris is left over. Then you want an Endeavor to overclock those components for resell if they are intact and survive the process.

The Carrack is purpose built for exploration, the Endeavor has many drawbacks to its ability in that area and limited to the telescope for that purpose. Could get some pretty pictures though.

You have character slots to make NPCs if you want. You still have to pay them a wage. CR isn't letting people get a free ride on that. Not sure if you thought they were free crew or not.
I think the Reclaimer page says it can equip a field repair bay inside it. I'm not interested in the Crucible at all.

Also, I have a DUR for light exploring. Which I would melt/CCU IF I got the Endeavor.

I think I remember hearing you still had to pay your char slot npcs, but I hope it's less expensive or you get SOME bonus for using your own. Otherwise, why specifically state you could do so?

I think I'm leaning away from the Endeavor simply because the cost of running and protecting it will be high. Maybe I'll offer to work on someone else's, or on the Org's if we have one.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I think the Reclaimer page says it can equip a field repair bay inside it. I'm not interested in the Crucible at all.

Also, I have a DUR for light exploring. Which I would melt/CCU IF I got the Endeavor.

I think I remember hearing you still had to pay your char slot npcs, but I hope it's less expensive or you get SOME bonus for using your own. Otherwise, why specifically state you could do so?

I think I'm leaning away from the Endeavor simply because the cost of running and protecting it will be high. Maybe I'll offer to work on someone else's, or on the Org's if we have one.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14171-Concept-Sale-Unveiling-The-Aegis-Reclaimer

Salvage only man. Sorry.

And for the slots, a big advantage would be Agent Smithing. It will probably be cheaper to hire your own people but I have not seen any info on that beyond you have to pay them regardless.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14171-Concept-Sale-Unveiling-The-Aegis-Reclaimer

Salvage only man. Sorry.

And for the slots, a big advantage would be Agent Smithing. It will probably be cheaper to hire your own people but I have not seen any info on that beyond you have to pay them regardless.
Ahh. I was mixing that up with the Carrack!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/carrack/Carrack

On-board accommodations include crew medical and repair facilities, and a mapping-oriented sensor suite.

Well damn. Now I'm a little less happy with the Reclaimer. Maybe I'll melt my DUR and Cutlass Red into a Carrack. Then I'd have all 4 aspects I like in two ships instead of three. And the price shouldn't be far off.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Korristopher

Captain
Feb 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Korr
I'm going to advise you with the same info my friends told me.

"If you get it now, than you will lose the enjoyment of obtaining it in the future by actually playing the game"

Being told this i settled on keeping the Orion and working towards obtaining other ships by in game involvement. More fun that way, at least i think anyway.

JC Pax

Commander
Feb 13, 2016
RSI Handle
JC_Pax
i want one SOOOO bad... trying to find one for sale

Medical, Hanger, science

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I'm going to advise you with the same info my friends told me.

"If you get it now, than you will lose the enjoyment of obtaining it in the future by actually playing the game"

Being told this i settled on keeping the Orion and working towards obtaining other ships by in game involvement. More fun that way, at least i think anyway.
This.^^ I want to buy everything. I want them all. But at the end of the day, to start, I want a fighter, an explorer, and a home base. As such, I have a Sabre, a DUR, and a Carrack, and I feel like I've bought too much. The Carrack is top tier. It leaves nothing to work towards in game. I almost want to melt it for a Caterpillar. Or something mid-tier. Something that leaves me goals. I hope that makes sense. I'm pretty(really) drunk.
So yeah.
Hockey.
And beer.

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

aLumberingOx

Commander
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
LumberingOx
I just really want a Constellation to start off with besides my little Aurora and Origin 325a. Then get the dune buggy thing and go all Mass Effect on a planet. That's what I really want... but dem price tag right now.... Here is hoping for that Feb Constellation give away!

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
I just really want a Constellation to start off with besides my little Aurora and Origin 325a. Then get the dune buggy thing and go all Mass Effect on a planet. That's what I really want... but dem price tag right now.... Here is hoping for that Feb Constellation give away!
I'm more than willing to spent a few hours a day/month (what'ever is more feasible) flying people around and crashing them into the sun.... (errrrrm)... helping them salvage.... (honest).
I have only one man ships though, so you'll have to ride on the outside..

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I'm more than willing to spent a few hours a day/month (what'ever is more feasible) flying people around and crashing them into the sun.... (errrrrm)... helping them salvage.... (honest).
I have only one man ships though, so you'll have to ride on the outside..
Lies. He has a Blue! So you'll have to ride on the outside.

Forgot your password?