Creating TEST-tan. Participate in the process. Make suggestions.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Here she is, her current iteration in the form of the very first preliminary sketch that I jotted down in my sketchbook.

I will also post notifications here and in r/TestSquadron when I am broadcasting my art work on TEST-tan. A word of note: The art stream is classified "Adult", so NSFW content will likely be involved to some extent.

Basically, her concept is as follows:
  • MMA-style Brawler
  • Has a very spunky attitude; is very independent
  • Will get her own name; "TEST-tan" is the work-in-progress name.
  • Suggestions for a new nickname include "TEST-chan", which is a proper japanese honorific.
  • Wears bandages on her arms
  • Is smoking hot
  • Loves beer & rum
  • Owns an Aurora (big RSI fangirl)
  • Wears a yellow leather jacket with the TEST Squadron logo on the back or sleeve
  • Will punch out anyone that tries to hurt her friends or interrupt her drinking
  • Did I mention that she's smoking hot?

There have been other ideas such as...
  • A companion character based on M. Bison from Street Fighter, to represent ReddFaction
    This character will attempt to assert his role as leader of the ReddFaction, attempting to issue orders to TEST-tan, only to be rewarded with all manner of beatdowns.
  • Carries a combat knife that somewhat resembles a downvote icon
  • Ram for Rum catchphrase - though this could get misconstrued as a sexual phrase (I am on the fence about this)
  • Rule 34 pin-ups of TEST-tan
  • Wardrobe adjustments to match the theme of the illustration
User-Submitted Suggestions:
  • Wears a hamster accessory (necklace or keychain dongle, or some other small accessory)
  • Wears ankle-high black leather boots, pointed toe with blunt tip, slight heel, with yellow soles. Possibly steel-toed.

If you have other suggestions, post 'em here!

Last edited:

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Needs more mustache.

Needs hamster necklace.

give her a nokia brick phone.
Hamster necklace, possible; will consider coming up with some kind of hamster-related accessory.

Nokia brick phone? Maybe in her Aurora, but definitely not on her person. :p

My suggestions.

- Catgirl.
- Has a downvote shaped combat knife.
- Has an on again/off again relationship with Snoo.
Catgirl? Denied; needs to be in-theme with Star Citizen as much as possible.

Downvote combat knife, added that to the OP.

Who the hell is Snoo? Maybe. Maybe. No promises.

Reactions: DirectorGunner

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Hamster necklace, possible; will consider coming up with some kind of hamster-related accessory.

Nokia brick phone? Maybe in her Aurora, but definitely not on her person. :p

Catgirl? Denied; needs to be in-theme with Star Citizen as much as possible.

Downvote combat knife, added that to the OP.

Who the hell is Snoo? Maybe. Maybe. No promises.
WELL HERE'S WHAT YOU TURNED DOWN MATE. GOOD LUCK TOPPING THIS:

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
A pin-up propaganda version has been submitted. It'll be great. Posters will be made.
I like this idea a lot. I would love to see a TEST pin-up girl on a giant missile, bomb, or on the side of a ship.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
It's more closer to a yellow/gold color, actually. A pale gold. I will tweak the color further later. I chose it because I wanted her jacket to be unconventional in color.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Got a suggestion to have her called "TEST-chan", because "-tan" is a children's version of the "-chan" honorific; so in a way it is too juvenile for a character like this. Thoughts?

TestBot

Ghost
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
TestBot
I hope I'm not being rude by saying this but I think the head is slightly too small. I'm not sure though. Also the Test logo looks out of place when used in conjuncture with your creation style.

Besides that and your tweaking of the color of the jacket I would say it looks fantastic! You are very talented :) Thanks for doing this.

Will she be my waifu? (´・ω・`)

Forgot your password?