Crossing the border

James Gunn

Admiral
Jun 22, 2017
RSI Handle
Eyesturnedupwards
Crater Lake, Jedediah Smith Redwoods just north of Crescent City, Lava Beds National Park, Lassen Volcanic National Park, Yosemite, Crux Fermentation Project (Bend, OR) Russian River Brewing Company (Santa Rosa, CA) Sierra Nevada Brewing Company, (Chico, CA) Lots of Hippy Music Fests around this time of year as well. God Speed you drunk Canadian!

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
I don't know if I'm alone in this, but I used to love going to small towns and visiting the bars. You meet the coolest people over a pool table. Aside from tourist attractions (most of which is rarely better in real life than in a picture) big cities all offer the same stuff to do. You can't have any great experiences with people you meet either because people in big cities don't talk to strangers.

So, it was always off to the small towns and shit-hole bars for me. You meet the best people and sometimes that leads you on some grand adventures. For instance, I ended up going to a small town called Joyce, Washington. I hit the bar there and met a group of friends when my turn came up on their pool table. That led me on a three day adventure that involved old ww2 bunkers, a natural hot spring, a rain forest, tide pools, tons of alchohol, and the amazing company of an extremely friendly girl who's name now escapes me (sarah? cindy? serena? oh hell).

You can never have that experience in a large city. That's just one of many fond memories that I have of small town bar hopping. I wouldn't trade them for all the tourist attractions in the world. Just one word of warning, not all small towns are welcoming. Sometimes you end up hitting on the wrong girl and Joe-billy-bob doesn't like it. I would only give two pieces of advice though. Prior to drinking in a new town, always get a hotel room in advance and always program the local taxi's number in your phone, even if you don't use either of them.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I don't know if I'm alone in this, but I used to love going to small towns and visiting the bars. You meet the coolest people over a pool table. Aside from tourist attractions (most of which is rarely better in real life than in a picture) big cities all offer the same stuff to do. You can't have any great experiences with people you meet either because people in big cities don't talk to strangers.

So, it was always off to the small towns and shit-hole bars for me. You meet the best people and sometimes that leads you on some grand adventures. For instance, I ended up going to a small town called Joyce, Washington. I hit the bar there and met a group of friends when my turn came up on their pool table. That led me on a three day adventure that involved old ww2 bunkers, a natural hot spring, a rain forest, tide pools, tons of alchohol, and the amazing company of an extremely friendly girl who's name now escapes me (sarah? cindy? serena? oh hell).

You can never have that experience in a large city. That's just one of many fond memories that I have of small town bar hopping. I wouldn't trade them for all the tourist attractions in the world. Just one word of warning, not all small towns are welcoming. Sometimes you end up hitting on the wrong girl and Joe-billy-bob doesn't like it. I would only give two pieces of advice though. Prior to drinking in a new town, always get a hotel room in advance and always program the local taxi's number in your phone, even if you don't use either of them.
Amazing advice. I concur completely. Especially about big cities. You're always alone, surrounded by thousands of people.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
if you admit to pot use, U.S. customs can deny you entry for life

if you get caught lying to them they can charge you for that
Pretty sure that's not a common thing. Source: Have potted extensively and was quite open about it, and neither the Canucks or Yanks at the border seemed to care. Their job is to make sure that you aren't taking anything with you. If you've been CONVICTED on a drug offence abroad, however, that is another story entirely. They aren't there to police your morality, they're there to make sure you don't sneak shit in/out of the country.

So, by all means; Weed away, my friends.

Forgot your password?