Cutlass Black Loadout

NeelixXx

Ensign
Dec 3, 2018
RSI Handle
VillaVallaton
Hey squadies, was hoping you guys can direct me in some direction. As i am playing away with my cutlass black i was wondering if there is some load-outs worth experimenting on since i have some cash to burn that i made during the free fly event, sitting on 200k or so (ok i know not much) but its enough to fuck around with, i have read that 4 panthers and 2 badgers are good from this thread https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/quick-easy-ship-weapons but i reckon its outdated not sure?

Then as well while i am here i might as well ask my other Q which is if anyone have a nice Xbox 360 controller setup that is good to use, please point me into the right direction.

Thanks

Reactions: Deroth

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Quick secondary question: Is it still possible to use weapons in the PU which are rented in the REC store?

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
My question was serious, not rhetorical or provocative - sorry if it was misleading. So, but the answer is...no? You can't use REC-weapons anymore in the PU?

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
The last time I checked it is a no on REC weapons in the PU, but that might change in the future with additional planned rental changes.

I've always been partial to loading the Cutlass up with all Panthers, but if you've been flying it you have to file a claim before you can change the loadout until they fix that bug.

Reactions: AstroSam

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Yes, you can use REC weapons in PU and PU bought weapons in AC. When you use a ship in PU, then it gets locked until you reclaim it. Locked means no components weapons change. In 3.3.6, when I reclaim a ship in PU, the I can't use it in AC anymore. In PTU 3.3.7 the locking issue is still present, but the reclaim issue at my first test not.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Just to confirm, no, you can't use REC weapons anymore in the PU (darn!). Yes you can use REC weapons, if you equip them in AC. See my post below, down a couple.

My opinion...the Cutlass Black is already hella powerful with the stock Pantthers and Badgers, if you wanted to upgrade them all to Panthers that would be one option. You can also "overclock" the weapons you currently have, to make them stronger.

I just started playing around with my Xbox controller...if you load their default Advanced Gamepad profile, that is a good place to start.

Last edited:

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Yes, you can use REC weapons in PU and PU bought weapons in AC. When you use a ship in PU, then it gets locked until you reclaim it. Locked means no components weapons change. In 3.3.6, when I reclaim a ship in PU, the I can't use it in AC anymore. In PTU 3.3.7 the locking issue is still present, but the reclaim issue at my first test not.
Wait, I haven't been able to see any of my REC rented weapons when doing my ship load out. Do I have to load them in the Hangar or something?

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
I thought it was using size 2 repeaters, both ballistic and energy(because gimbals.) it has panthers on the turret. I've just been stripping panthers off my StarG and then claiming it. They do hit like a truck.

My only problem with the ballistic repeaters is the cost, they just rip through mission profits like stupid currently.

Salakavala

Commander
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Salakavala
I have been trying to get enough aUEC to experiment with replacing the Gatlings with distortion weapons and two repeaters with S3 cannons. Drain shields, then rip through them with the cannons. The other thought was to replace those front two with the badgers from the turret, and the Gatlings with the other two lasers. But I just had that thought last night and haven't tested it.

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
I have been trying to get enough aUEC to experiment with replacing the Gatlings with distortion weapons and two repeaters with S3 cannons. Drain shields, then rip through them with the cannons. The other thought was to replace those front two with the badgers from the turret, and the Gatlings with the other two lasers. But I just had that thought last night and haven't tested it.
Just watch the distortion weapons currently. They don't seem to be affecting npc ships. i loaded 4 size 3 distruptors on a cutlass on the weekend and started shooting npc ships, didn't do anything, even to the shields. They shut down players in a hurry though.

Salakavala

Commander
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Salakavala
I definitely knew they worked on Players, because of ColdAdam's inspiring Sabre build, but thanks for the tip! Maybe it will be fixed when 3.3.7 drops. Until then, I'll save distortion for PvP.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
no, you can't use REC weapons anymore in the PU (darn!)
now you got me confused. TESTing...

I don't have any neutron cannons, so I rented a couple of NN-13 Neutron autocannon, equipped them in AC

1543942996300.png

then I went to PU

1543942842695.png

I couldn't equip the NN-13 Neutron cannons on other ships, but yeah, if you equip them in AC, then they will stay.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I have a *ton* of REC bought weapons that I can't access in the PU. I haven't tried going into AC and equipping them, and then flying in the PU. I definitely cannot access them in the PU.

EDIT: finally found the relevant support page:
https://support.robertsspaceindustries.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013172187-Renting-equipment-REC-Electronic-Access-ROMs

Towards the bottom it clarifies:
Important: Any ships rented through Electronic Access cannot be used in the Persistent Universe, however weapons rented through Electronic Access and equipped to ship pledges can.

Warning: If you crash your ship in the PU with ROM weapons equipped, those weapons will be lost until the next account data reset. It's recommended to only use ROM weapons in Arena Commander game modes.
So yes, you can use weapons you rent with REC...you can't use ships...

Forgot your password?