Cyclone pic - the level of detail here...

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I think the choice will likely have something to do with just how much one can direct NPCs. If in the same ship carry space as a Cyclone one can have 3-4 X1 Force, and send them out to scan, one supposes you can cover much more territory. The cargo unit the Cyclone can carry makes a difference, but I'd much rather have several smaller terrestrial targets each with sniper rifles out there, and the onboard guns of the X1, than put all my resources ins a box that is so easy for any real ship to kill. That Cyclone is a bullet magnet, and anyone inside one is looking at death by Aurora, or any other real spaceship on or near the surface.

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
Why would one choose a Cyclone over a pair of X1 Force or some such?
The Cyclone, besides being wickedly fun to drive, has three different combat roles that I like: anti-air defence, recon and an armed patrol variant. I love those bikes, got 3 Nox and 2 X1s, and 4 dragonflies if they count. But every time I throw my leg over one of those things, I got a betterthem average chance of spattering myself all over whatever planet I happen to be on. They need some love from CIG

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
I think the choice will likely have something to do with just how much one can direct NPCs. If in the same ship carry space as a Cyclone one can have 3-4 X1 Force, and send them out to scan, one supposes you can cover much more territory. The cargo unit the Cyclone can carry makes a difference, but I'd much rather have several smaller terrestrial targets each with sniper rifles out there, and the onboard guns of the X1, than put all my resources ins a box that is so easy for any real ship to kill. That Cyclone is a bullet magnet, and anyone inside one is looking at death by Aurora, or any other real spaceship on or near the surface.
When it comes to scouting, then having many scouts is a great idea. With the Cyclone, I don't think that too many people will be scouting with it unless they want the RN, which can map and drop beacons for fleets to zero in on.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Honestly as the developers said its just fun to fool around on these procedural created planets and the Cyclone was the best way to do that. Honestly I am not sure they will give players any sort of tactical advantage or allow for useful scouting but I am sure some will try. In the end I imagine more will just do it because its fun to go zooming across an alien landscape in a dune buggy. I got the Nox not because it was useful but because in the demo video the sound of it going zooming by was enchanting. So why does there need to be justification beyond its
wickedly fun to drive

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Nox = Turbo Ninja-Scout

Cyclone = Patrol, surveillance, exploration/mapping (Depending on your Cyclone's model)

Ursa = Armed incursion/APC and Exploration (Has a pressurizable cabin to refill suit O2)

Nova Tonk = Something on the ground needs to get dead, and you have supporting vehicles to go with it

Do you think they will release a turbo version of the Nova? RACE TONK!!!

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Nox = Turbo Ninja-Scout

Cyclone = Patrol, surveillance, exploration/mapping (Depending on your Cyclone's model)

Ursa = Armed incursion/APC and Exploration (Has a pressurizable cabin to refill suit O2)

Nova Tonk = Something on the ground needs to get dead, and you have supporting vehicles to go with it

Do you think they will release a turbo version of the Nova? RACE TONK!!!
Sold. Give me a red racing tonk!

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I don't think the Nox has a scan function and the Origin X1 force is smaller narrower. I am wondering if a pair of them could fit in the Hoplite bay.

Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?