Dark Souls 1 and 2

Vapsyvox

Designated Driver
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
Vapsyvox
So... is anyone else here engaging in these forms of virtual autosadism? Have any stories to share? Need a shoulder to cry on?

Last edited:

o-BHG-o

Space Marshal
Mar 25, 2014
RSI Handle
o-BHG-o
I've started DS1 on the pc, I love it but left it for a while when I had to return my game-pad. Since obtaining a new one I jumped back in, forgot how to play, accidentally killed the miserable, sullen guy at Firelink shrine and subsequently logged out again. Turns out this is okay. Now I have to remember where I've got too and where to go. I think I've just rung the first bell. Had a Daddy summon who 1-shotted the gargoyles for me which was nice. Now I think I have to go to Blight town or something.
I watched a ton of vids before buying it and got a couple of friends started who have now gone much further. They gave up just after the first hydra and Wolf boss. I want to complete it at least once before I purchase DS2, it may take some time.
I was told that when returning to Firelink Shrine, by way of the lift which drops you off behind Firelink graveyard, that there is a jump to get souls/items from the ruins, I have managed to jump from the lift to a ledge but fail time after time to get on to the ruins. Anyone had any luck with this bit?
Also does anyone know when to go to the ghost town downstairs from Firelink shrine?

Top tip (my only tip): New game, get the key special item, go down stairs at Firelink, then back up the other tower to Drakes Vale (unlock the door), follow the road round left until you see the dragon....nick his stuff, try not to die (yeah right, go back for souls!). Now you have an awesome sword and a fire shield or something. Bonus to start the game with.

Not even counting the deaths, lost souls and tears shed. So, so good, bad, good, bad....ahhhhh!

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
is it playable with mouse and keyboard?

i have an aversion to controllers, they feel like squeezing a banana. And they reek of consoles

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
I loved one, I just got two, but not really gotten into it yet, something feels off to me so far...

The games are playable with keyboard, but it makes a hard game harder, so I wouldn't suggest it (allegedly 2 is much better for keyboard users)

Blight town is indeed where ypou have to go after the first bell, though if you haven't visited the forest behind the blacksmith near the church/entrance to Sen's Fortress then I suggest you do, it's a good source of the anti-poison items you mgiht well want. As for the ghost town below firelionk, You need to either be cursed or find a supply of transient curses to go through there, you also need to have beaten the wolf boss for reasons. The area leads to one of the 4 bosses that you ahve to defeat after ringing the second bell in blight town.

Vapsyvox

Designated Driver
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
Vapsyvox
is it playable with mouse and keyboard?

i have an aversion to controllers, they feel like squeezing a banana. And they reek of consoles

Even though I prefer playing with a controller after having played the mess that is the PC version of Dark Souls 1, the keyboard and mouse control in DS2 is pretty good. They have definitely learned from the mistakes they did when porting DS1.

o-BHG-o

Space Marshal
Mar 25, 2014
RSI Handle
o-BHG-o
I loved one, I just got two, but not really gotten into it yet, something feels off to me so far...

The games are playable with keyboard, but it makes a hard game harder, so I wouldn't suggest it (allegedly 2 is much better for keyboard users)

Blight town is indeed where ypou have to go after the first bell, though if you haven't visited the forest behind the blacksmith near the church/entrance to Sen's Fortress then I suggest you do, it's a good source of the anti-poison items you mgiht well want. As for the ghost town below firelionk, You need to either be cursed or find a supply of transient curses to go through there, you also need to have beaten the wolf boss for reasons. The area leads to one of the 4 bosses that you ahve to defeat after ringing the second bell in blight town.
Thanks for the tips, I shall explore Blight, find the wolf and dare the ghost town.....at some point. :)

Forgot your password?