Day 3 away from my PC

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I am experiencing sharp pains behind my eyeballs from looking at my phone and old laptop.

How did ancient man ever service with screen sizes below 28"?

There is a lack privacy, kids are constantly insisting I join them in a thing called Roblox. Apparently that is the cool game for the young people, the very young, she is 5.

Upon entering Roblox Meepcity I had to attend a house party which had about 20 people dancing on a disco floor.

I used my son's account, he is 4.

When randoms asked me how old I was, I said 40, they laughed at my funny joke.

My back hurts.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
I am experiencing sharp pains behind my eyeballs from looking at my phone and old laptop.

There is a lack privacy, kids are constantly insisting I join them in a thing called Roblox. Apparently that is the cool game for the young people, the very young, she is 5.

Upon entering Roblox Meepcity I had to attend a house party which had about 20 people dancing on a disco floor.

My back hurts.
You poor thing!

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
I might have to leave my computer at some point. Blind Owl, Crude Sasquatch, Sum1, and I think O_Lefty were there when my computer exploded this weekend.

JPEG_20180415_103617.jpg

A large capacitor in my 1,000 watt power supply blew. Nearly killed me, but I'm the tank.

Florida you say? Sounds like a great idea.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I might have to leave my computer at some point. Blind Owl, Crude Sasquatch, Sum1, and I think O_Lefty were there when my computer exploded this weekend.

View attachment 9572

A large capacitor in my 1,000 watt power supply blew. Nearly killed me, but I'm the tank.

Florida you say? Sounds like a great idea.
Bicity bam - hope none of the other components were effected?

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
I have spilled everything and anything on laptops, phones and my computer and nothing has failed on me. I bet that thing popped like a firecracker judging by the scorch and carbon.

Hope the rest of your kit is fine but we live in modern times so if I were to hazard a guess at worst your mobo is fried.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Bicity bam - hope none of the other components were effected?
Nothing else was hurt. Just my power supply.

Water leak? What caused the malfuction?
No water leak. We don't have enough of that here in AZ, let alone the 3rd floor of my home where I keep the computer. Probably just the heat from my 1080 that sits right above it. The golden graphics demand sacrifices sometimes.

Dang! And you lived! Username checks out! (I'm glad to say).
Not only did I survive but I revived my computer within 12 hours. It would have been sooner but the capacitor blew right as the stores closed. I did what any average hero would do and cried myself to sleep.

Agent_Mothman

Space Marshal
Aug 8, 2014
RSI Handle
CubCadet1972

My back hurts.

So glad the wife and I decided on not having kids.

Time to get the kids an off the shelf laptop.

Forgot your password?