DayZ

Tyronne

Captain
Feb 10, 2014
http://imgur.com/gallery/Hw78c/new

Dranoc, a friend, and I went on a DayZ adventure! We hope that one day, this game will see the light of an SSS.

Before you ask... Yes, it looks like I'm gaming on a potato. And yes, that number on the top left is my FPS.... *shudders*

Reactions: Riconas

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
At the moment there is too much of a KOS-culture going on (kill-on-sight), combined with serverhopping and combat logging in dayz. But it's still alpha and once there are enough zombies, the focus will shift.

but dayz overall is a great game, i think i'm in the next time you want to play :D

Tyronne

Captain
Feb 10, 2014
Sweet! If I'm on TS anytime this week I'll keep an eye out for you guys. And I sent you an friend invite Egriz!

At the moment there is too much of a KOS-culture going on (kill-on-sight), combined with serverhopping and combat logging in dayz. But it's still alpha and once there are enough zombies, the focus will shift.
Yeah one of the next big patches will be adding more zombies :D And I agree. We will never KOS, we always try to make them put their hands on their head, so we can safely talk to them. One of the most unique parts of the game is finding people and they'll tell you their stories and who they've encountered (unless they are a fresh spawn). And they've actually added a timer for serverhopping. You have to wait 5 minutes before joining another server after you leave your first one. And if you combat log, your body stays there for 30 seconds I believe. One of the encounters I didn't screenshot someone did combat log, so we axed him and took his pants :)

Dranoc

Autistic EVE Player
Donor
Feb 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Dranoc

but dayz overall is a great game, i think i'm in the next time you want to play :D
Server hopping and combat logging have been fixed.

BluChew

Captain
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
OGKush
Server hopping and combat logging have been fixed.
Nice, looks like I'll be logging in more. So frustrating when someone logs off as soon as they see you, it makes it that much harder for us axe murderers... Tough times, tough times.

Last edited:

Tyronne

Captain
Feb 10, 2014
Great! We play occasionally on the DayZ Teamspeak section of the main TS page. So if the Test Squadron TS is sparse, that may be why!

SchrimPanzer

Captain
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
schrimpanzer
An assasination attempt (our first!) got turned into an armed robbery (but only because we're horrible shooters), but after feeling so bad for the guys, we ended up giving them stuff, advice and bandaging their wounds.

Inverse-robbery best robbery.

Then the server crashed.

Barthanes

Admiral
Nov 10, 2013
RSI Handle
BarthanesGraves
So now i am stacked on the weapons department on my current character who is touring all of chernarus.

Weapons
Fire axe (black)
SKS
Double barrel shotgun
Magnum
SKS Bayonet
Handcuffs (with keys)
Can opener

I think i should start carrying around a baseball bat just for shitsngiggles

Reactions: Tyronne

UPGRAY3DD

Vice Admiral
Donor
Jan 26, 2014
RSI Handle
UPGRAY3DD
Yeah, this sounds like it's getting better. I was kind of hesitant at first but you guys sold me. I'll find you online sometime.

Reactions: Tyronne

Tyronne

Captain
Feb 10, 2014
I just realized that I published that album to user submitted.... It seems like people did not like our playing style :cool:

axelrankpoke

Vice Admiral
Dec 26, 2013
RSI Handle
Kitehorn
Hey I got DayZ standalone yesterday and I have no idea what I'm doing :( Is there a guide or something I can read? I watched some of the guides on Youtube and people seem to find tons of shit in a matter of minutes. I'm on my third character and all I've ever found is a construction hat, a tuna can, a water bottle and a saw (and, of course, nothing to carry it in, so I just left all of this). Add me on Steam if you want, the name's the same as here

UPGRAY3DD

Vice Admiral
Donor
Jan 26, 2014
RSI Handle
UPGRAY3DD
Hey I got DayZ standalone yesterday and I have no idea what I'm doing :( Is there a guide or something I can read? I watched some of the guides on Youtube and people seem to find tons of shit in a matter of minutes. I'm on my third character and all I've ever found is a construction hat, a tuna can, a water bottle and a saw (and, of course, nothing to carry it in, so I just left all of this). Add me on Steam if you want, the name's the same as here
Dude, I am there with you. I started day before yesterday and I came across a Serbian dude who helped me out for about an hour. I then broke my leg and died. It seems life is hard until you get a weapon, try searching firehouses for an axe. Then it's all about routinely searching houses until you get a backpack and more food. And then, you can go further distances and explore more. If I knew how to tell you where I was, I'd suggest we should meet up and learn together but.... i have no fucking clue where I am.

Forgot your password?