Destiny 2 Teaser Trailer

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
It will be $69.99 to watch the full trailer. And they have a VERY exciting DLC ($29.99) planned already called "The character creator" where you get to select your character's race and name. THEN, next year, another DLC will come out ($29.99 again) called "Tutorial". THAT is the one that has everyone stoked. If you purchase now at gamestop, you get the GRINDMASTER chest that instantly grants you all the big-boss weapons that everyone else has to grind for months to find. DLC: The Game

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
It will be $69.99 to watch the full trailer. And they have a VERY exciting DLC ($29.99) planned already called "The character creator" where you get to select your character's race and name. THEN, next year, another DLC will come out ($29.99 again) called "Tutorial". THAT is the one that has everyone stoked. If you purchase now at gamestop, you get the GRINDMASTER chest that instantly grants you all the big-boss weapons that everyone else has to grind for months to find. DLC: The Game
awww, did someone get burned with the first one?

Plagueis

Admiral
Dec 3, 2016
RSI Handle
xPlagueisx
LOL, that's how all console games are made. Part of the game, then DLC's for 19.99 to 29.99 every few months.

PS, it wont come to PC.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Irishnutcase

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Irishnutcase
It's kinda like if the game was made for the PC then we would have gameplay like the trailer. But it's not and only Chris Roberts can give us a "cutscene" but in reality it's people actuality playing the game. I'm gonna say it, PC master race!!! #tablethrow

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I enjoyed destiny for quite a while the multiplayer was very good and the fact you could do a lot of stuff coop was good too, also, very little in the way of bugs or anything - a lot of modern games could learn a thing or two, or three.

I did stop playing it and didn't buy the most recent DLC - it was a bit same old same old with some different graphics. Some of my mates still play it day in day out and love it.

I say, get your enjoyment out of it, and move on. No need to get angry! :)

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
awww, did someone get burned with the first one?
Nope. Quite the opposite, actually. Had a bunch of friends begging me to get into it, but I saw the writing on the wall with all that early announced DLC. After hearing endless bitching about balancing nerfs and other various repetitive elements, I had to see for myself. Breifly got ahold of a copy for the campaign, and it left much to be desired. Just didn't resonate with me. Don't mean other folks can't like it tho.

RandomMechanic

Vice Admiral
Mar 1, 2017
RSI Handle
RMECHANIC
At first I wasn't interested in Destiny however a few of my friends talked me into it. I ended up playing quite a bit of it. The gameplay was pretty smooth and reminiscent of Halo but with a very dumbed down RPG element. The story ark seemed fresh and interesting. Then came the onslaught on DLC's that if you didn't buy you lost access to parts of the game. I played and paid along for a few and found them rather piecemeal considering they cost half as much as the feature game or more considering you could get a copy used for 15-20 bucks. While I understand that it costs money to keep servers going and keep devs creating it seemed like a lackluster commitment on their part for their so called 10 year epic. The last straw was the in game cash shop. While it's true that the items sold were not required in any way to fully play the game, my friends and I considered it insult to injury that they could spend the time to develop a permanent cash grab hub in game instead of some much needed content for those of us that did keep buying the required DLC's so we could have access to all game modes. Add in the fact that 2-3 months after each DLC was released you could get the game with all Dlc's for less than the cost of the original just to funnel more player's into their microtransaction shop and you end up with a few people that had supported the game since the beginning who are done chasing this carrot. I would rather use my money to fund a groundbreaking game like SC than waste another dime on this wonderful game ruined by corporate sales protocol.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I was about to say that it is getting tough to tell the difference between game play footage and cut scenes... but then I forgot that not all games are Star Citizen.
Nope. They sure aren't. But nothing will ever compare to our BDSSE. Nothing.
Ever.
At first I wasn't interested in Destiny however a few of my friends talked me into it. I ended up playing quite a bit of it. The gameplay was pretty smooth and reminiscent of Halo but with a very dumbed down RPG element. The story ark seemed fresh and interesting. Then came the onslaught on DLC's that if you didn't buy you lost access to parts of the game. I played and paid along for a few and found them rather piecemeal considering they cost half as much as the feature game or more considering you could get a copy used for 15-20 bucks. While I understand that it costs money to keep servers going and keep devs creating it seemed like a lackluster commitment on their part for their so called 10 year epic. The last straw was the in game cash shop. While it's true that the items sold were not required in any way to fully play the game, my friends and I considered it insult to injury that they could spend the time to develop a permanent cash grab hub in game instead of some much needed content for those of us that did keep buying the required DLC's so we could have access to all game modes. Add in the fact that 2-3 months after each DLC was released you could get the game with all Dlc's for less than the cost of the original just to funnel more player's into their microtransaction shop and you end up with a few people that had supported the game since the beginning who are done chasing this carrot. I would rather use my money to fund a groundbreaking game like SC than waste another dime on this wonderful game ruined by corporate sales protocol.
Destiny was by far one of the funnest games I've ever played on console. Enjoyable as Fuck. I have no issue buying a one a year DLC for 20-40 bucks. None whatsoever.

WingCmdr_Goose

Grand Admiral
Jun 23, 2016
RSI Handle
Vault_Dweller
Loved the first game when it first came out and played the absolute shit out of it with hundreds if not thousands of hours of gameplay, it had a lot of potential, but after (and even during) the time of Crota it just went downhill with repetitive content and terrible unrewarding RNG at the end of raids. Really hoping Bungie fixes the issues that us Veteran Guardians complained about with Destiny 2 and hopefully bring it to PC as I don't plan on playing my ps4 much except for awesome exclusives like The Last of Us. If the issues are promised to be resolved only then will I really consider buying Destiny 2, whether it on PC or ps4.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Loved the first game when it first came out and played the absolute shit out of it with hundreds if not thousands of hours of gameplay, it had a lot of potential, but after (and even during) the time of Crota it just went downhill with repetitive content and terrible unrewarding RNG at the end of raids. Really hoping Bungie fixes the issues that us Veteran Guardians complained about with Destiny 2 and hopefully bring it to PC as I don't plan on playing my ps4 much except for awesome exclusives like The Last of Us. If the issues are promised to be resolved only then will I really consider buying Destiny 2, whether it on PC or ps4.
Did you play "The Taken King"? They revamped the entire game to appease the masses. It was almost am entirely new game. And it was amazing. Truly.

Plagueis

Admiral
Dec 3, 2016
RSI Handle
xPlagueisx
While I hate to be the Downer. Bungie has yet to say Destiny 2 will be playable for Xbox 1, PS4, and ( PC ). As of right now current platforms will only be PS4 and Xbox 1 and it will not be for PS3 or Xbox360 as destiny 1 was. They said in the beginning that destiny will be only for console and not PC and even had a massive article about why they will not have destiny for PC years ago once the first destiny came out. I did have a lot of fun playing destiny and knocking out those raids with old clan buddies, good times. I will say I got my money worth of entertainment from destiny.

Forgot your password?